Friday 11 March 2022

Motivation? It's all in my mind

And that's the best place for it as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, yeah. I mean, all that BIG TEN stuff. I'm not sure anyone else thinks about it, BUT(!) ...

It's a smart thing to do, you dig? It motivates me.

I was listening to my rough recordings of Mighty Soul and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty earlier. I feel frustrated that I can't put my demo online yet and get things moving ...

However, I've got to be smart. Finishing the BIG TEN first would put me in a powerful position and take a lot of pressure off me.

As I've said ... The Beatles, Oasis, and U2 have the most impressive BIG TENs. / The Beatles have the only one that is "awesome" right to the bottom of the list. Remember, I put Penny Lane in tenth place?

Actually, here's the whole list again -

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane

That's what I'm aiming for, man. No one will be able to say shit to me if I get a list that good.

One more song! That's all I need. (And a couple of lyrics ...)

I remember when I was a kid, certain music business people saying to me ...

"Oh, we like this, but you need to keep developing."

"It's very interesting, but we're not sure that it will sell."

"I played your songs to someone at EMI Publishing. They liked them. But ..."

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

That's all great - when you're a kid. It doesn't necessarily get you anywhere though.

I don't want to hear talk like that ever again, and I'm determined not to hear it.

YOU DIG???

I'm just warning the world in advance.

Yeah, yeah. I'm in an angry mood this morning. Angry at myself, really, so don't get upset, dear reader(s).

I'm actually stopping all these music updates. And fitness updates. And fashion updates.

This is the ENDS of Build-A-Rock-Star.

From next week ... finance and conceptuals and mystical chat about dolphins. That's all you're getting, kook(s).

Say something.

I'm serious.

Laters!