Tuesday 29 March 2022

When I get control over my life ...

When it happens, oh, that glorious day ...

I will stop all the personal posts, uh, my "diary", and stop all the music updates. It will be cold, hard finance all the way, with, uh, yes ... a couple of cold, hard conceptuals each week.

That would be so nice. So cold. So hard.

Unfortunately, I'm in a state of chaos today. But maybe ... that's the best thing, you know? Maybe that's where art comes from. Francis Bacon's studio was a fucking mess, frankly. And his life? Sure, he had the discipline to work six hours a day. [I do more! Well, a bit more.] But the rest of his time was spent drinking and gambling to the early hours of the morning.

Isn't that better than the Tony Robbins lifestyle? A life of clean perfection? I don't know.

Anyway ...

Music?

I've got a new tune fragment which will definitely be one of my BIG THREE ... ??? Oh, I'm certain this time, yes. If I don't scrap it, no. Ha! It won't be a ballad though.

I got it by just strumming around on the guitar. But it's early days yet, kooks. Don't put pressure on me!

These fragments upset me. I'm relieved when they become great songs. But I have to destroy them if they look like they're not going to work.

Even thinking of Cornwall is chaotic. All the things I would have to organize. All the unpredictable chaos I would have to leave behind in London.

You have to deal with uncertainty if you want to get on in life. That Aristotle Onassis quote about the sea and the wind and that, you dig?

Picasso was messy. But he worked much harder than Bacon. Maybe he worked all the time to avoid thinking about the chaos.

Last night, I did something different with that fragment of tune, and thought how cool it was. I probably won't ever do anything like it again. Every great song has to be "different" - if you can manage it. Like The Beatles. Inventive. Do you know what I mean?

I've been watching another one of those cover artists on YouTube. This guy is a very good singer, and a great guitarist. He definitely performs better than the famous artists he's covering. He also writes songs. The songs are very good "album" tracks. All he needs is one classic song like Babylon or whatever. That's all David Gray needed, really - for a career, like. But he doesn't have it, man, and I'm not sure he's aware of the problem.

And think of that band James. They only had Sit Down, as far as I can tell.

Anyway, you know me, kooks ... I'm trying to finish my BIG TEN of songs, yes, each song better than Babylon and Sit Down because I'm nuts.

It's the way I've chosen to live.

Bye.