Tuesday 1 March 2022

Whatever

I don't care.

The subject.

Do you?

Ha, ha, ha!

Why would you?

Let the words come!

Well, well ...

I might leave the second conceptual until tomorrow. It all depends on the weather. They say it will rain tomorrow. That will mean no walk. Maybe that's for the best. I went for two ten-mile walks last week and still put on a pound of weight. Of course, I was eating snacks. Uh. No more snacks! You dig? Anyway, that pound could have been muscle. Those heavy dumbbells are getting easier to use.

It's raining now. Ah, it's raining in my heart. Who said that? 'You did.' Buddy Holly, idiot. [He didn't write it.]

Music?

Beethoven's first and second symphonies aren't worth listening to. As far as I can tell because I've only ever listened to a few minutes of each one. No one knows what went wrong with the fourth and eighth. His best symphonies are the third, fifth, sixth, seventh, and ninth.

It's interesting though ... What makes one piece of music better than another piece?

What makes music GREAT ... ???

I think you've got to trust your instincts. Me, I can have a pretty good idea just listening to the first fragment of a  new tune. Five or six seconds. That's all I need.

It's mysterious, man. Nothing less than mysterious.

Lyrics can be easy - if I want them to be. With Shady, Dodgy, Shifty a lot of the dummy lyric ended up in the final version. Also, when I was seriously writing it, I got into a "strange" state the way I do when I'm writing the conceptuals. It's hard to explain.

It's definitely mysterious. All of it.

I'm not complaining. Or maybe I am ... a bit.

My problem is ... I love chips too much. Do you know what I mean? Never mind. 'And Jamaican patties, Mikey. And Kronenbourg.' Shut up, Voice.

What else, else, else ... ???

Actually, I might do the second conceptual today. Let me have my lunch first, kook(s). I always make better decisions after a cheese sandwich. 'And crisps.' Yes. 'And yoghurt.' Yes, yes.

That Lionel Bart was no fool.

Laters!