Thursday 31 March 2022

'What is all this crap about you being the minstrel of a generation?'

Voice, please.

Okay, okay.

I've got a PR email.

Oh, by the way, PR can stand for "public relations" or "press release". I'm really not bothered. It's your choice, kooks! 

'It's a bit late, ain't it, boss? Discussing this now, after all these years. And why do they have to make a choice?'

Shut up.

Anyway ...

Brussels, 24 March, 2022: EUSIPA named Best Trade Association

The European Structured Investment Products Association was named Best Trade Association at StructuredRetailProducts.com's annual European award ceremony in London last night.

Oh, last night??? 'Last week.' Ha!

EUSIPA was chosen for its pioneering work integrating structured products into the FINDATEX platform for standardizing information flow between EU manufacturers and distributors, for the breadth and depth of its EU regulatory dialogue and response, and for its cross-border platform provision to member associations and banks.

Nice one!

Heike? Come on, girl!

EUSIPA chair Heike Arbter says: "This has been a particularly challenging period for the industry, as it faces the simultaneous challenges of regulatory alignment, an increasing ESG demand and a progressively cross-border and complex business environment. We are proud to have become the key industry contact for regulators, policy-makers and our membership alike."

Fair enough. / Roger? Anything to add?

"Our raison d'ĂȘtre is to communicate common denominator industry issues and positions for a broad and in some ways diverse international membership," adds vice chair Roger Studer. "This award is a welcome recognition that our endeavours are on target."

ENDS

Er ... about EUSIPA??? Have we covered this before, Voice? 'How would I know?' You are actually my intern. 'Right.'

Never mind.

EUSIPA represents the interests of the European structured investment products business. The focal point of its activities are derivative instruments such as structured investment products and warrants. EUSIPA aims to create an attractive and fair regulatory framework for these financial products.

The umbrella association acts as a contact for politicians, the EU Commission and the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) in all questions concerning structured products. Whenever the need arises, the association is at hand to provide expert advice and opinions, thus playing an active role in the policy dialogue.

Greater protection for investors as well as a comprehensible and transparent product landscape are important concerns for the association. Together with its members, it is actively engaged in promoting Europe-wide standards throughout the sector. These include clear product classification, standardized technical terms, and a broad commitment among the member associations to abide by a code of conduct for the sector.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

I haven't done my dumbbells this week. Why? Because I've had headaches, and I don't want them turning into migraines. I've got to be sensible, you dig? So, I'll start again next week. You should let your body recover occasionally anyway.

I don't even know about Cornwall at the moment. It might be best to concentrate on recording my demo, putting it online, and then becoming a global superstar. That might be best, yes.

'Easy as that, is it, Mikey?'

Don't bring me down with your negativity, man.

'Sorry.'

And I'll tell you now, kooks ... you won't find me hiding in a luxury hotel bathroom like Jim MacLaine (David Essex) moaning about being Judy Garland for an hour, and all the people I made rich. There will be no self-pity from me. I just want to get away from this shitshow.

That's the way it is.

Laters.


Oh, I've linked to the Sloop Inn webcam in the town/harbour before, but here is one covering the surfing beach. It's another invasion of privacy, of course. On cold days, I've been the only person there, just standing and staring at the sea. It's a disgrace - when you think about it. I'm still going to watch it though.