Monday 25 April 2022

My farewell fandango for the groover ... ???

Farewell!

Yes. 'When?' Soon. The last one. The very last one. A final farewell to a normal life. Can I do it? I will do it!

When? The end of this week? I don't know.

St Ives. The sea. The sand. The cliffs. The seagulls chasing me for my mint ice cream. Ha, ha, ha! I don't care.

Then when I get back home ... just music, that's all, all the time. I'll have to come back home. Unless I do a Bodhi. Oh, I'll come back home.

BUT(!) ...

I want to stare at the sea first. I want the wind in my hair. I want to look for dolphins, and seals ... maybe even basking sharks. 'Those big freaks!'

I want to meet the Owlman. He won't hurt me because I'll have a few pasties for him. If you feed him, he's very friendly. Well, that's what I imagine.

If St Ives is booked up??? Torquay in Devon??? Well, anything is possible. I've never been to Torquay before.

My twenty-fifth holiday in Cornwall will be nice though. It's a nice number. Twenty-five. Don't you think?

It's just a shame I can't go for eight weeks again ... 'Don't torment yourself, Mikey.' Okay, Voice, okay. I won't.

(I might, a bit.)

Maybe I could stay there forever. Maybe the Owlman will let me stay with him. We could become bosom buddies.

I wonder where he lives? 'In a tree.' Ha!

But I'll come back home, probably, knowing my luck. Back to the city. The only escape is rock and roll ...

Listen! After I've got my BIG TEN with eight supporting songs ... I'll try to be more prolific.

Those eighteen songs are just the base I'll be starting from.

It's the BIG TEN that will give me a "career", but I'd love a BIG TWENTY, eventually.

I won't stop.

I want to be the true Picasso of song.

And twenty years from now, if I'm still fit and healthy - the way Picasso was in his seventies ...

That will be my escape.

Do you dig?

I'll be totally GONE - !!!

Anyway ...

I'm not sure I'm making the most of The Future. If I change the structure, it might be good enough to go in tenth place in my BIG TEN ...

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
And Rain Came Down
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?
The Future

I think I'll have to finish the lyric first. 'I thought you were going to write another song like Mighty Soul or Shady, Dodgy, Shifty?' Yeah, you try it, man. 'Well, I'm not a genius, am I?' Ha!

I must match this BIG TEN -

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane