Tuesday 19 April 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - March 2022

Okay, okay.

It's the ETF market report from Detlef and the gang. 'Nice.' Yes. It is very nice.

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €3.8 bn for March.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry increased over the course of March to €1,334.1 bn.
Bond ETFs (+€2.4 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for March.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for March was Equity Global (+€2.1 bn), followed by Equity US (+€2.1 bn) and Bond USD Government (+€1.9 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for March (+€4.8 bn), ahead of Amundi ETF (+€2.0 bn) and Invesco (+€1.4 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered estimated net inflows of €6.5 bn for March.
The best-selling ETF for March, iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF USD (Acc), accounted for net inflows of €1.2 bn.

Fine.

What does Detlef say?

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "Despite the current situation in Ukraine, March 2022 was another positive month for the European ETF industry since promoters enjoyed inflows. These inflows occurred in a volatile market environment in which investor sentiment was impacted by increasing inflation rates, geopolitical tensions and the still ongoing The Thing in Europe and other parts of the world. The performance of the underlying markets led in combination with the estimated net inflows to increasing assets under management (from €1,307.1 bn as of February 28, 2022, to €1,334.1 bn at the end of March)."

Thanks, Detlef.

ENDS

...

I want to swim with the dolphins, even though I can't swim. I want to live with the dolphins. Maybe soon.

It's hard to be "real", if you've been programmed. You're going to be fake, if you've been programmed.

Satan is always recruiting. And it's not what you think. Just your ideology will set you up for it. Or the organization you're a part of.

Maybe it's nothing to worry about. You've got to be a spiritual aristocrat on the highest level of life to even be aware of this stuff.

...

Music?

The ballad tune that could be tenth place on the list of BIG TEN is boring. So I probably won't bother writing the lyric for it.

Most songwriters write too many songs. Maybe they have no choice. They might be forced into it.

I hope I can avoid that.

Maybe I can be reasonably prolific and keep high standards if ... I can get away from this blog. It's holding me back, man.

Bad karma, I suppose.

I still need a tune for the BIG THREE which will complete the BIG TEN.

I don't think of world-beaters any more. However, a powerful BIG TEN is essential. It's a genuine thing. All major artists have a BIG TEN whether they know it or not. The Beatles have the best one. The only convincing one, actually. All other artists get weak by the eighth, ninth, tenth positions. I can avoid that with one more big tune. I can join The Beatles.

And that will be alchemy. No more base metal for me. I won't be base metal no more. Does anyone understand?

And one day ... I'll have a BIG TWENTY.

'You're crazy, Mikey!!!'

Yeah, yeah.


Oh, I bought Evil Under The Sun for my phone. The best Agatha Christie film. A great cast. A great script. Maggie Smith has the best line: "You know how peculiar people can be about a spot of murder." / And songs by Cole Porter. But only half a dozen out of the eight hundred or so he wrote. See what I mean?