Thursday 21 April 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - Q1 2022

Yippee!

'Why are you so excited, boss?'

Er ... I don't know.

'Well ...'

Never mind.

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €38.3 bn for Q1 2022.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry increased over the course of Q1 2022 to €1,334.1 bn.
Equity ETFs (+€30.1 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for Q1 2022.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for Q1 2022 was Equity US (+€10.1 bn), followed by Equity Global (+€10.1 bn) and Bond USD Government (+€4.4 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for Q1 2022 (+€16.3 bn), ahead of Amundi ETF (+€8.6 bn) and Invesco (+€4.0 bn).

Fine.

Detlef? What do you reckon?

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "Despite the current situation in Ukraine, Q1 2022 was another positive quarter for the European ETF industry since promoters enjoyed inflows. These inflows occurred in a volatile and negative market environment in which investor sentiment was impacted by increasing inflation rates, geopolitical tensions and the still ongoing The Thing in Europe and other parts of the world."

Oh, okay.

ENDS

...

Listen to me ...

I can't be manipulated any more by anyone or anything.

'That's not news. You've been that way for years.'

I'm just saying, Voice.

It's very difficult to be that way, my way. When you look at society. When you look at everything around you.

It's one of the benefits of having an "alien" mind. I may as well be a dolphin. Or a swan. Well ... a dolphin, yes.

Dolphins are best.

Or ...

I could be a seagull, swooping down to take everyone's ice cream, and then flying off into the blue sky.

There's freedom in alienation.

Existential despair eventually becomes existential exultation - if you keep at it.

'That's not the case for everyone.'

All right. Those guys have a lower consciousness.

Words, words, words ...

You, you, you ... human!

Tell me anything you like ... your "philosophy", your beliefs, and try to convince me of your goodness - if you must.

It won't work. None of it!

I can't be reached by you BECAUSE ... I'm in the sky with my mouth stuffed full of ice cream.

Ha!

Or ... I'm in the sea.

Or ... I'm on the lake in the park???

NO!

I'm in the sea, yes. With my best friends, the dolphins.

I am a dolphin.