Thursday 12 May 2022

Random

Me and my brain.

I saw a book of Bryan Ferry lyrics in a bookshop window. A signed copy! I was thinking of buying it, but I took too long. Someone else bought it.

Maybe I eat too many chips. My weight has been the same for months. I'm still doing the dumbbells.

Anyway, I've ordered a copy of an Oasis book, Supersonic. It's coming today. Is that the doorbell? / I've already read it. I've got the ebook. (£2.99) The hardback has loads of pictures though, and it's a nice book. And it's only costing me £10.50 ... including delivery charge. Not £25.

Sunspel have got a lovely lemon polo shirt now. Maybe I'll wait until it's on sale one day. I live in hope.

I've got the Ratpack Confidential ebook, too. I read that years ago. About Frank, and Dean, and Sammy, you know?

This will be the demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Stella

With an acoustic guitar, The Future won't sound the way it sounds in my head, but never mind.

I think I spoke to more people in Cornwall in five days than I have in London in the last five years.

Just "Hello" ... most of the time. Nothing too deep about the meaning of life or anything.

Van der Valk is a pretty decent TV programme. Barry Foster was the star. He's been dead twenty years. He went to drama school with Harold Pinter. They were friends.

I was watching Steptoe and Son Ride Again at Christmas. More dead stars. There's a guy with a small part as a gangster. He's probably been forgotten by most people. I doubt anyone has written any books about him. I suppose most people wouldn't even notice him in the film. But I knew that he was another of Harold Pinter's friends who gave Pinter his first break as a playwright - yes, before Michael Codron. He commissioned and directed his first play, The Room.

My mind, you see?

I'm not complaining.

I'm having chips tonight. With quiche. I might have Kronenbourg. I might have water. I might have Stella.

I'll definitely be having a Magnum ice cream afterwards.

Bye.