Tuesday 17 May 2022

Universal Music Group N.V. announces results of its 2022 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders

Well, well ... this makes a nice change, don't it? A music PR email! 'Yippee!'

Yes, it's certainly a "nice one" situation - as we say in the trade. 'Will you be signing with them, boss?' Well ... I don't know, Voice. Either them or Sony Music Entertainment, or Warner Music Group. 'Yeah.' Hopefully, they will all approach me, BUT(!) ... who's going to offer me the best deal???

Anyway ...

Hilversum, The Netherlands, May 12, 2022 - Universal Music Group N.V. ("UMG" or "the Company") today announced the results of its first-ever Annual General Meeting of shareholders ("AGM") held earlier today.

Fine. Let's hear more!

All resolutions on the AGM agenda were adopted with a majority of the votes cast, including, among others:

A positive advisory vote on the 2021 Remuneration Report;

The adoption of the 2021 financial statements;

The appointment of Bill Ackman, Nicole Avant, Cyrille Bolloré and Sherry Lansing as Non-Executive Directors;

The issuance of shares and the exclusion of the pre-emptive rights in relation to such shares under, and the approval of, the 2022 Universal Music Group Global Equity Plan;

The approval to award annual long-term incentive and special grants to Executive Directors; and

The re-appointment of Ernst & Young Accountants LLP and Deloitte Accountants B.V. as joint external auditors for the financial year 2022.

NOW(!) ... "The approval to award annual long-term incentive and special grants to Executive Directors" ... oh, imagine the rewards for these characters if they were able to sign THE BEST singer/songwriter in the world at the moment. I'm just saying, man.

'The best singer?!'

The best songwriter.

'I wish I worked at Universal.'

Why?

'I spotted you first. Imagine my rewards!'

Voice, come over here. 'What?' You're invisible, son. You're my invisible manager. No one even knows you exist. I'm afraid you won't be getting any rewards. 'Oh.' I'm sorry. That's just the way it is. 

Oh dear.

Anyway ...

The proposal to adopt a final dividend of EUR 0.20 per share was also approved. With the interim dividend of EUR 0.20 per share that was paid in October 2021, this brings the total dividend for the financial year 2021 to EUR 0.40 per share. The following timetable shall apply with respect to the payment of the final dividend:

May 16, 2022: Ex-dividend date;

May 17, 2022: Dividend record date; and

June 8, 2022:  Final dividend payment date.

Okay. Fair enough.

And ...

At Universal Music Group, we exist to shape culture through the power of artistry. UMG is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content. Featuring the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.

Well ...

'That's all great, boss, but ... ... ...'

What, Voice?! Spit it out!

'They don't have you, do they?'

No, they don't have me. Or you - ha!

Never mind.

ENDS, beautiful friends.

...

Anything else, kooks?

Listen! All that motivational fresh start The Elon Musk of rock and roll jive I come out with ain't gonna work until I have a deal where and when I'll be able to immerse myself in music and the music business twenty-four seven and cut myself off from all the crap and chaos in my life.

You dig?

Until then ... I'm committed to playing my guitar and rehearsing minimum two hours a day and I'll get those four lyrics I need gradually a word here a word there a line here and a line there until I've finished the BIG TEN with seven supporting songs. And, uh ... the fucking demo.

The crap is too much.

The chaos is too much.

I'm only human.