Tuesday 31 May 2022

To beat chaos, you need to be immersed in art

Just my personal opinion, you understand.

And that takes money and fame and a network of people around you. There's no getting away from it, man. That's what it takes.

Like Picasso with his painting. Like Prince with his music.

It also takes a certain mindset. You need to recognize the chaos, and then make the decision that ... you want nothing to do with it!!!

NOTHING - !!!

Most well-known artists of all kinds actually live pretty normal lives. But Picasso didn't. And Prince didn't.

Anyway ...

Chaos, chaos, chaos ...

My music!

After I've completed my BIG TEN, yeah, yeah ... I'm going to start calling myself the greatest songwriter ever as a sort of shield against chaos. Do you know what I mean?

If I say I'm the greatest, I will believe it. I WILL BE IT.

No problem.

I will float like a butterfly. I will sting like a bee.

'But would that be beating chaos, boss?' No, Voice. It would just be a shield against the worst effects of it. 'Oh.' I hope. I mean ... I don't know, do I?

[My BIG TEN. My BIG TEN. My BIG TEN. / The cosmos has been very quiet lately ...]

Actually, I've been thinking ... Life and Death and Nothing might be as good as Mighty Soul and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty ... they're just less commercial, that's all.

And that's all right.

I prefer "commercial" songs though. Just saying.

Anyway, I'm staying positive.

Everything will be okay once I've found my own personal Holy Grail.

'Fuckin' A it will!'

Thanks, Voice.

I will get a deal, and I'll be immersed in music 24/7.

I'll feel different, you dig?

I will be different.

Maybe if I finish the BIG TEN soon ... I'll reward myself with some Ray-Bans. 'What's wrong with your Persol sunglasses?' Nothing. BUT(!) ... I've just discovered - the other day, like - that Tom Cruise wears Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer sunglasses in Risky Business, and they're really cool!

Oh ... I'm not sure, not sure, but ... I'm not seeing (uh, hearing) Mighty Soul as a rock song any more. It might be better as pop/rock with acoustic rhythm and bits of electric lead. Do you know what I mean? BECAUSE ... I've got The Future now, haven't I? Yes. It needs a cool lyric. It could equal Smells Like Teen Spirit. And it's only in sixth place on my list.

'Only sixth place?! Wow!'

Listen, cats! 'Kooks.' Listen, kooks! This BIG TEN ain't like nothing you've ever heard. You can't even imagine.

Just saying.

And Schubert will be pissed at me when he hears the music for Life and Death on the astral plane.

'Ha! You can forget about that classical muppet, Mikey! I've seen him shuffling about. He's a loser.'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

'Laters.'