Wednesday 19 October 2022

Life and Death

I've finished the lyric, kooks!

'Yippee!'

Which means the BIG TEN is finished also ...

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Stella
Malibu
What's This Life We Live?
And Rain Came Down

And it's a historic achievement - as far as I'm concerned - because I've matched the BIG TEN of The Beatles ... as a single songwriter.

'Yippee!'

Yeah.

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane

Those songs there.

According to me, like. [I know there are nutjobs around who would probably put Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da on the list. 'Ha!' Anything is possible.]

By the way, Life and Death is my best lyric by a country mile.

'Better than Nothing, Mikey?'

Nothing has still got my best verse, Voice, the third verse. But Life and Death reads like a great poem all the way through. It's like late period Yeats.

'Yippee!'

Like The Black Tower or something. In its mood. But it's a bigger "poem" than that.

'Yippee!'

And it was easy to write, man. I hardly thought about what I was doing at all. Pretty mysterious, really ... to go along with the mysterious music. Some people will say it's my best song, but it's not. [Dylan and Cohen fans???]

'Schubert will be pissed though.' Of course.

'Yippee!'

Stop saying that, idiot!

Uh.

'Where's the champagne, then?'

Oh, I don't like champagne.

'Where are the Jammie Dodgers, then?'

Ha! I'm on a diet!

'Oh, okay. Never mind.'

Yeah, yeah.

Actually ... I might have a solution to the protein and fat and calories problem. I mean, there's a three bean soup you can get that's got loads of protein in it, but it's low in fat and calories, so ... I could have that for lunch instead of sandwiches and crisps.

'Yeah. Have you tried it yet?'

No.

'It might be horrible.'

Well, it looks all right. I saw it in Tesco yesterday in Richmond.

And that's another thing! I have to be careful now where I eat my lunch in Richmond because there's a squirrel who won't leave me alone. I think he waits for me, and then jumps out of a bush, you know?

Anyway ...

I've got to write the lyric for the 2.20 tune next. That will give me all the songs for the album.

'Yip - ... sorry.'

Laters, troubadour fans!