Monday 31 October 2022

You still need a good cherry ... not a rotten one!

Yeah, yeah.

I mean ...

Do you know what I mean, kooks?

The music ... the cake of the music ... is still the most important part of a song, sure ... BUT(!) ...

A nice cherry is really nice, you dig?

'Boss.'

What?

'Where's all the finance?!'

Give me a break, Voice. Seriously.

These voices ...

Anyway, I've written the chorus for Lovers On The Make ... and I'm really pleased with it. The rest of the lyric shouldn't be too difficult now.

And with seventeen songs, I'm starting to notice ... that I'm starting ... to create my own world, my own reality ...

Which is a cool thing to do - as a songwriter, like.

Think of The Beatles!
Think of David Bowie!
Think of Bob Dylan!
Think of Prince!

Ah, yes ... think of The Beatles.

What have we got?

Well, we've got taxmen, weeping guitars, meter maids, fools on the hill, yellow submarines, Bungalow Bills, spinsters, glass onions, Lucys in the sky, magical mystery tours, blackbirds, strawberry fields, and, uh ... we've got Vera, Chuck, and Dave! The list goes on!

And the power of the music gives the words extra power.

Do you know what I mean?

There's close to four million words in this blog. How many words in my lyrics? I don't know. Just hundreds.

But with a short phrase like ... "Napoleon in rags" ...  yes, Dylan ... you can have a very powerful impact because it's backed by music.

Cakes make cherries more powerful!!!

Is anyone digging me on this???

Oh, I hope so.

I really do.

I mean ... I suppose ... it's not as if ... never mind, eh?

I've done my duty.
I've written the first post of the week.
I've enjoyed myself.
I haven't written about finance.
I'll probably have to write about finance tomorrow.
'PR email!'
Unless I go out for a walk.
Anyway ...
Conceptual next, No. 1,045.

Voice?

'Laters!'

Yeah, bye.