Monday 6 February 2023

Dreams

I definitely need more dreams, man.

'You have too many dreams, boss.'

No I don't, Voice! You can't have too many dreams.

Take last night, kooks. I dreamt I was writing a poem. I saw the pen moving across the paper, and when I woke up ... I even remembered a couple of lines.

'What are they?'

Well, I've forgotten them now.

'Ha!'

It doesn't matter. It wasn't exactly Yeats anyway. The point is ... you can have dreams like this.

I just wish I could control the dreams, and make them longer, and remember all the shit that goes down. You dig?

'Yeah.'

I was watching Ancient Aliens again at the weekend. It was a repeat of that Ramanujan episode. He got all his maths from dreams and visions, you know.

'Nice one!'

Well, yeah. It was very nice for him.

Listen!!!

I'm telling you, kooks. The cosmos is out there, and it only wants to love you. It only wants to help.

'The cold earth wanderers won't dig this, Mikey.'

Oh, forget about them. Seriously. Those guys are lost. Those guys couldn't find their soul with two hands and a map.

Do you know what I mean?

Anyway ...

Music?

I've got half a new tune, which I don't actually want BECAUSE ... I just want one recording, man.

Is that too hard for the cosmos to understand???

'The cosmos can't help you with your recording. You've just got to put your fingers on the guitar and keep them there until something happens.'

Yeah, yeah.

Oh, my fingers. My fingers are cold, man.

'Well ...'

And the noises in the street. The cars.

Can't the cosmos stop the cars???

'Ha! That would be something to see. It would certainly wake a few people up.'

Yeah. That's right. If the cosmos came down from the sky, or from wherever it hangs out -

'The sky and every human heart!'

Yeah.

'Even the hearts of animals! Especially the dolphins!'

Yeah, okay, Voice. You've made your point. / But if the cosmos were to come down from the sky, or from wherever ... an owl's heart??? ... Why not?! ... and it stopped the cars ... Man! ...

... then the cold earth wanderers would have their cold, awful reality smashed into a million pieces.

'I'd love to see it, boss.'

So would I!

I suppose we can dream of the day ... ... ...

Never mind.

Laters.

'Bye!'