Monday 20 February 2023

Let's talk about music!

COME ON - !!! COME ON - !!! COME ON - !!!

[No finance!]

Well, I'll do the talking, kooks, or the writing, and, uh ... you can do the listening, or the reading, or whatever, yeah?

Unless there's something you really need to say ... ... ... ???

'They ain't got nothing to say, boss. You may as well ask the cat.'

What cat, Voice?

'Any of those cats out in the yard.'

Yeah, okay.

I'M FEELING A BIT CHAOTIC THIS MORNING

Anyway ...

I recorded an okay version of Shady, Dodgy, Shifty earlier - yeah, before six.

This could be the demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

Yeah, yeah, I say "okay" and not "great" because I'm not going to get any great recordings in my situation.

[I've scrapped it!]

That recording of Round the Bend doesn't sound so good on my phone. Mighty Soul sounds a bit better. [People will probably be listening on their phones.] There's still background noises and imperfections though.

I'M FEELING A BIT CHAOTIC THIS MORNING

Listen to Lennon's Real Love, the piano version, that I put on Twitter. That's pretty decent. It's a home demo.

There's only so much you achieve with home demos, man.

You can't get great sound at home. 'Unless you've got sound-proofing and microphones up the ass.'

I haven't got that!

I just hope people listen to my songs on their phones ... with earphones, you dig? That sounds better than speakers, for some reason.

[Speakers aren't too bad as long as you don't have the volume too high.]

Okay, okay.

Let's talk about minor songs.

Are they worth writing, these days?

Here are some nice Beatles ones -

I'll Follow the Sun
I Don't Want To Spoil the Party
I'll Be Back
I Need You
There's a Place
Don't Bother Me
Not a Second Time

And there's another level, of course, with songs like -

Dear Prudence
For No One
Your Mother Should Know
Sexy Sadie

Get the idea?

But none of those songs get near the BIG DOZEN ...

You see ... the writing, the writing.

All songs take up a lot of energy, you dig?

Love Me actually caused me a lot more trouble than Shady, Dodgy, Shifty. A hell of a lot more!

If Round the Bend doesn't sound great, there's no point in having it on the demo. It would be better to use The Future.

I'M FEELING A BIT CHAOTIC THIS MORNING

I just don't know.

'The cat might know.' Shut up about the cat!

Anyway ...

My new obsession is the BIG TWENTY because no one else has got one.

And, Christ, kooks ... please don't send me links to the best twenty songs of This Artist or That Band on some dodgy website ...

Man, that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about a BIG TWENTY!!!

Do you understand???

The Beatles don't have one. Dylan doesn't. They don't exist - yet.

Anyway ...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ...

I really love ... I Don't Want To Spoil the Party.

Laters!

'Bye, pop fans!'

And rockers, and rollers.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS