Monday 9 June 2008

Informa and UBM in merger talks: what are the omens?

Informa (publisher of Lloyd's List) and United Business Media are holding talks over a merger that would create a FTSE 100 business publishing powerhouse. But we keep hearing about talks of mergers. What has happened with TNS and GfK? Nothing, so far. But if the Informa/UBM deal does go ahead, I think we need to know the omens for success.

I have been speaking to award-winning financial psychic Keith Busby. He told me, 'The omens ain't good, my friend. Last night I heard an owl screeching in my garden. That basically means Informa and UBM should forget all about any merger. Normally, this owl only goes in for a bit of mild hooting, but screeching! Christ! If that ain't a bad omen, please tell me what is. I mean, you're the fucking expert, and quite frankly I'm sick of all the put-downs in your blog. Yes, I do read it. Making me out to be some kind of loser and idiot. But I can't defend myself because you don't allow comments. Well, I want you to post this. I want to have my say. You're a ****. Let's see if you've got the balls to publish that.'

Well, I'm not going to post that word because this is a family blog. But, Keith, I've let you have your say. My readers will not take your side against me. Start your own fucking blog if you've got a problem.