Tuesday 1 May 2012

I don't like all this algorithmic trading that Vulpes is going in for

Shall we move straight to the music update? Or stick with this? Or maybe discuss how this country ain't a proper democracy no more, now that we have missiles on roofs? (You wait. Cameron will be going around soon with a holster and golden pistol.) No, let's deal with Vulpes Investment Management and its new suite of algorithmic global equity funds. Whatever. I haven't got any time for algorithmic trading. I think it's an abomination, and you know why. One word: mysticism. I don't need to say more than that, do I? 'No, you don't, Mr Fowke. I believe you've nearly finished that lyric of yours.' Thank you, Voice. Yes, nearly finished. There was a quick burst of inspiration late last night. (God knows where it came from. Maybe it was a gift from God. Stranger things have happened at sea.) I only need six more lines. Six! Then I'm done. I'm getting excited! 'Even more excited?!' Yeah. Even more excited. 'Wow!'

Update (11.00pm): I've finished Gilly, Gilly at last, but I'm not sure it's the total classic I was looking for. I haven't recorded it yet. I'll know better tomorrow. It's certainly good enough to go in third place on a demo. I'll have to do something special for my next song though.