Thursday 31 May 2012

Larry Zhang and Kurt Baker have had enough of all that JT Capital hedge fund nonsense

Some sort of bizarre Greater China Long-Short fund, apparently. Larry and Kurt are the managers but they're handing it over to Danny Tao at Harvest Alternative Investments. The official reason is that they couldn't get all the dollars they wanted. (Investors are bastards. We all know that.) However, I know (you don't, you will) they're just sick of finance and want to do something else with their lives. I don't blame them. / And it's not what it was, anyway. (Finance? They couldn't get the dollars!) There's more money in writing pop songs these days. Actually, there's more money in selling matches at the end of the street. Honestly, there's more money in blogging. / If I were Larry or Kurt, I'd forget all about money. Unfortunately, I'm me, so I won't be forgetting about it anytime soon. / I'll always be me. And I'll never forget all about money. It's in my blood. It's in my fire. I'm a financial shaman. You know this.

_________________________


I'll be doing another conceptual after lunch, No. 21. Then I'm taking a week off. I'll be back on June 11 (probably).