Tuesday 2 July 2013

James Ind needs to update his LinkedIn profile because he ain't working for Russell Investments no more

Christ! Do I have to do everything for these people? (Remember when I had to correct Mike Belbeck's spelling mistakes?) / James Ind is working at GLG Partners now. He's joined the macro team - for his sins. They'll be launching a new fund for him soon. James is going to be managing a total return strategy. 'Sounds exciting, Mikey. You would think he would want to boast about it on his LinkedIn profile.' I know, Voice. I just can't understand the guy. 'Maybe he's lazy.' Who has ever heard of a lazy fund manager, man? 'Maybe he's so over the moon that he ain't thinking straight.' I don't know. I suppose there's a chance he doesn't care about LinkedIn. 'Well, it's Facebook for squares, isn't it?' Yeah. / Oh, guess who his boss is - or one of his bosses. 'Who?' Only Jamil Baz. 'That lunatic!' Yes. The man who thinks I'm going to be writing about financial disaster for the next twenty years. / Jamil, twenty years from now I'll be a rock legend, son. I ain't doing this shit for another twenty years! 'You tell him, Mikey.' Unbelievable!

_________________________


It's a bit cooler today. A good time for guitar practice. I don't like playing when it's too hot.

Mumford & Sons should really write some decent songs. I watched them at Glastonbury on Sunday night (on the TV). They're good performers, but ... well, each song on my demo is going to be better than every song they've written so far. That can't be right for such a successful band, can it? Pull your fingers out, guys!

Of course, I've got to pull my finger out as well. I still haven't finished the lyric for You're Lying. And that's all I need, one lyric. I'm starting to get a bit pissed. 'No one said it was going to be easy, Mikey.' Shut up, Voice.

Lunchtime. / No surprises. Cheese sandwich, crisps, yoghurt, Coke. I'm not complaining. I don't wanna go to no fancy restaurant. I'm staying right here, having fun as usual.