Sunday 24 August 2014

Nothing in particular ...

I just feel like writing, that's all. I'm fed up, man. Bank holiday tomorrow, and it's going to be raining the whole day.

No financial news, thank God. There won't be any until Tuesday, I should imagine.

For your information, dear reader(s), I'm listening to Roxy Music's Avalon. I can only listen to this album at night, like Eno's Apollo. / I can understand why Bryan Ferry doesn't want to record with Roxy again. There's no way they could top Avalon. They would only ruin their legacy with a run-of-the-mill album.

The summer is over now, probably. What have we got to look forward to? Dark nights, cold weather, rain ... / Maybe I'll be able to make more progress with my music through autumn and winter. I played my guitar for three hours today, out of a sort of desperation. I have this anxiety these days, when I'm not holding my guitar, man, you know? / Oh, I want to get better, faster. I need a Telecaster. 'You're a poet, Mikey!' Shut up, Voice.

...

Thought for the night: People who look outside themselves into society, worrying about politics, religion and that, I think they're lost. They can't spend time with themselves. And they can't accept they're going to die one day, so they try to believe there's something bigger and more important than they are, outside. But that's bullshit! It's all inside. Everything is in you, reader(s), in your mind and soul. If you can't deal with that, then be a man - or a woman - and just admit it, yeah? Let's have a bit of fucking honesty, for Christ's sake!

Advice for the night: God is inside ... with you. Have you been looking for Him in a building, or a book? Or in the sky? Don't embarrass yourself. Do you want God thinking you're a dumb wanker? Of course not! So get a grip, and become a mystic.

...

I'm in a funny mood tonight, ain't I? / Well, laters ...