Thursday 28 August 2014

Scopia Capital Management is being sued by some farmers in Texas

I don't know all the details. I don't want to know them, quite frankly. I mean, the whole thing sounds insane. Apparently, Scopia Capital has been accused of stealing a load of beans. (Or not paying for them. Same thing.) 'Beans?! Ha!' / Well, let the courts deal with it, over in America. It's nothing to do with me, and I've got different fish to fry. It's nearly the weekend, man, for Christ's sake! Cut me some slack.

Oh ... all right, all right, lovely reader(s). / For those of you who like extra details, who insist on them, I can tell YOU(!) something about Scopia Capital. It's an institutional alternative asset management firm based in New York with approximately $4 billion of assets under management. It was founded in 2001 by Matt Sirovich and Jeremy Mindich. The firm employs a fundamentals-based, value-driven long/short equity strategy with the discipline of market neutrality to generate absolute returns that are uncorrelated to the broader equity markets. / You see, I do know a thing or two. I'm not just some crazy rock and roller, you dig?

And the farmers? Well, they're just some cats from Texas. I don't know ... / I'd like to go to Texas one day, for a fandango ...

Anyway, have a nice weekend.