Monday 18 August 2014

Paulson & Co making money from gold

That's all right, ain't it? I thought gold was finished. But apparently not. Paulson & Co has over ten million shares in something called the SPDR Gold Trust. Safe haven and all that. It's because of all the trouble in the world. 'Manchester United losing at home in their first game of the season, boss?' Yeah, shit like that. However, I'm not remotely interested in football, Voice, so don't come on my blog mentioning such vulgar nonsense ever again. Idiot!

...

Christ! I'll be glad when August is over and we can get some proper financial news. August and Christmas are the worst times for news. / I've just finished listening to Rumours. What next? 'Bitches Brew, Mikey?' No. I'm not in the mood for that. It's Monday morning, idiot! The last thing I want on a Monday morning is avant-garde jazz, man. 'ABBA?' Are you serious? 'Saturday Night Fever again?' No. 'Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison? Come on!' No. / Lonely at the Top: The Best of Randy Newman. Yeah! I've hardly listened to it. It'll make a nice change.

...

I might have to switch dongles. 'Christ!' Yeah. Use the T-Mobile one as my regular one. 'Eh?!' My internet provider, idiot! Vodafone won't let me top up now. And last week they were on holiday, so I couldn't get a signal. 'Why don't you call customer service?' Oh yeah. Why don't I eat my own nose? Forget about it!

...

I might go out this afternoon. I don't know where. Anywhere! I want to roam free. 'Just like Ringo!' Yes. Just like Ringo Starr in A Hard Day's Night. That's my favourite part of the film.

...

How did Randy get away with Short People? Short people got no reason to live? They wear platform shoes on their nasty little feet? 'Crazy!' Different times, I suppose.

My favourite bit is 0.56 to 1.10 (roughly) on I Love L.A. It was used in Down and Out in Beverly Hills.

Nice piano melody on Simon Smith and the Amazing Dancing Bear.