Monday 31 August 2015

The last depressing day of summer

Yes, and it's a holiday day, Rainy Monday. Never mind. It's the perfect opportunity for me to listen to my favourite album, Pacific Ocean Blue. [Here it comes!] And we all remember what Daryl Easlea said about the album, don't we? 'Er ... no. What did he say, Mikey?' Christ! He said: "Pacific Ocean Blue is the amusement arcade with the paint peeling, the carnie clown's cracked make-up fading as they pack away their act after another late September weekend of half-full applause and bitter tears. The other side of summer."

You see? 'He said late September, boss.' It doesn't matter, Voice. Look out the window! See the grey sky! 'Oh, horrible!' Big time!

...

Well, well ... / Finance? 'Ha!' You'll have to come back tomorrow, dear reader(s). It's a holiday, yeah? Get it in your head!

Music? 'You've already told them.' My music! 'Oh.' / I recorded a near perfect version of my song You're Lying on Saturday BUT(!) ... I ruined it in the last twenty seconds by losing the rhythm. 'For fuck's sake!' I know, man! / In a professional studio I might have been able to fix it, but not at home with my laptop. I'm really annoyed.

Anyway, now that summer's gone I'll be able to spend even more time with my guitar. NO SURRENDER!

'And ... er, NO PRISONERS! Mikey, eh?' You said it, Voice. I've got to stay positive.

...

Anything else?

Man, I love this album! Dennis Wilson was the real genius in The Beach Boys.