Wednesday 19 July 2017

Macron indicates US may rejoin reality

Well, that's nice, dear reader(s), ain't it? 'What's this, boss?' Another PR email, son. 'And did it really say that?' No, not exactly.

Following the Bastille Day celebrations on 14 July in France, French President Emmanuel Macron has said that Donald Trump may allow the US to remain signed up to the Paris Climate Change Agreement. Macron explained that this is because he understands "the link that exists between global warming and terrorism".

Well, it's the same thing. Reality, man. All right-wing nutjobs must face it eventually ... unless they want to be carted away to the funny farm. It's the same with Brexit.

"He told me he would try to find a solution in the coming months," Mr Macron said, according to le Journal du Dimanche.

Okay. 'Ha!' What, Voice? 'I wondered who was speaking there for a minute. I mean, it wasn't me.' No, it was Macron. 'I thought there might be a new kid in town.' Ha!

Julia Haake, director of international development and head of the Paris office of oekom research, is available for telephone interviews this week on the effect that this could have on the rating of the United States.

Now ... uh, who said that? 'Luisa, I should think.' Who?! 'Luisa. Read the bottom of the email.' Oh, of course, Luisa. / No thanks, love. It's all right. I don't need to speak to Julia Haake. 'He wouldn't know what to say anyway, Luisa.' Ha! No, I wouldn't have a clue.

oekom research is one of the leading ratings agencies specialized in sustainability analysis, and the only independent firm among the largest players in the field.

Okay, okay. No big O and no big R. 'Shame.' Oh, I understand. Each to their own, like.

...

Anything else, dear reader(s)? Not really, no. I can't think of anything. Can you, Voice? 'Music.' I don't discuss music here, man. This is a finance blog.