Monday 1 April 2024

LSEG Lipper: European fund flow report: February 2024

Okay.

CORPORATE

Ooo!

The promoters of mutual funds (-€5.9 bn) faced outflows for the month, while the promoters of ETFs (+€16.0 bn) enjoyed estimated net inflows. Conversely, the promoters of mutual funds (+€16.7 bn) and the promoters of ETFs (+€37.1 bn) enjoyed inflows over the course of first two months of 2024.
Long-term products (+€20.1 bn) enjoyed inflows for the month as well as over the course of 2024 so far (+€35.2 bn).
Bond products (+€31.4 bn) was the best-selling asset type for the month and enjoyed also the highest estimated net inflows (+€61.1 bn) for 2024 so far.
Bond Global USD (+€9.4 bn) was the best-selling Lipper Classification for February, while Equity Global (+€15.4 bn) is tops over the course of 2024 so far.
UBS was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for February (+€7.4 bn), while HSBC (+€10.1 bn) is the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for 2024 so far.

Okay, okay.

Detlef? Come on, my son!

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at LSEG Lipper, comments: "Market sentiment was further driven by hopes that central banks - especially the U.S. Federal Reserve - have reached the last phase of their fight against high and further increasing inflation rates given their rather dovish statements during/after the respective central bank meetings. That said the statements from the U.S. Fed in January about a possible start of lowering interest rates might have caught some investors on the wrong foot, as the central bank indicated that it may start the lowering of interest rates later and with less steps in 2024 than some investors expected. It looks like this statement has not impacted the estimated inflows in bond ETFs."

Lovely!

'Nice one, Detlef!'

And there's no need to look at the PDF.

'Ha!'

It's a very easy morning.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Well, well ...

We've finished that poem, haven't we, Voice?

'Kooks, we didn't finish it until two this morning!'

I'm a bit worn out, actually.

It's called The Voice. It's really good. A bit weird, maybe.

'We're weird guys.'

Yeah.

Anyway, I've got six poems now. Three of them ... I could send to a magazine. I probably won't yet.

Thoughts ...

I'm not into the phrasemaking so much at the moment. Just looking at each poem as a whole.

I'm putting more weirdness in, hence the idiot ... I mean, The Voice. 'Ha!'

Taking risks, man.

No one can think like me. No one can feel like me. I'm taking advantage of that now.

And my poetic voice comes from this blog, obviously. That makes sense, considering the seventeen years I've put in.

More concentrated though. More polished. It's poetry, kooks!

This blog will be over soon. (I might be out on the cliffs and the beaches.) However, it will all flow into my poetry.

I can take a phrase from one of the conceptuals, change it a bit, and then I've got a title and a concept for a new poem.

I only need 200+ poems in ... however long I've got.

I'm always inspired, you know? That's because the conceptuals and other posts have opened my brain mind soul up ... and I can't shut it or them again.

Brain
Mind
Soul

I read something at the weekend about Basquiat always being in the flow state and having lots of source material. Well, I don't know what or where his source was, but my source is everything I've already written. And new ideas and new words can just magically spring out of those thousands and millions.

Fate.

None of this was my choice. I just do what I'm told.

'The cosmos loves you, Mikey!'

I know, Voice. I know.

'Billy, too!'

I know.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS