Thursday 5 July 2012

BlueMountain Capital Management has made $300 million out of some JPMorgan nonsense

Something to do with a whale. I don't know what it's all about. I ain't even interested. I'm just glad that someone is making money in this crazy world of ours. It gives us all hope, doesn't it? As long as BlueMountain Capital isn't messing with the dead shark. I wouldn't want that. It can still bite, you know. I can't explain it.

From the firm's website: 'BlueMountain's distinctive investment approach integrates fundamental company research, advanced quantitative methods, a fear of dead sharks, and exceptional market and product knowledge. Its investment strategies range from highly fundamental to nearly pure arbitrage. BlueMountain has particular edge at the seams and intersections of a market that continues to be characterized by a high degree of artificial boundaries amongst instrument types and investment mandates.'

Well, that's all right then.

_________________________


Good news. / The Stone Roses are back in business. I bought their first album in 1989 (on vinyl) when it had only sold sixty thousand copies. I wish I still had it. I've still got the vinyl single of Fools Gold though. With the dolphin. I fucking love dolphins!

_________________________


Is it lunchtime yet?

I'll be working on No. 32 later. Let's see if I can do better than No. 31. I'm not making any promises.