Tuesday 24 July 2012

Scott Ferguson is leaving Pershing Square Capital Management to ...

Yeah, start his own hedge fund. You're not stupid, are you? Would you like to write the rest of this post? No? Oh, so you don't mind if I continue, then? 'Bloody readers, Mikey. Where do they get off, eh?' Thank you, Voice. That's enough of that. I value every one of my readers. 'Sure you do. But what about this Scott Ferguson? Analyst, ain't he?' He was an analyst, yes. However, he fancies himself as a bit of a hedge fund manager now. Of course, it goes without saying that his fund doesn't even have a name yet. 'Isn't that always the way?' So it could just be pie in the sky.

_________________________


Right, that's enough freakin' finance for one day. / Do you want a music update? Well, still nothing happening, I'm afraid, but I'm still very hopeful. I can't rush those lyrics for the second song, not if I want a classic. The music for it - the melody, the rhythm, the chords - is totally sublime, even if I do say so myself. The title is great. If I can get the lyric right the whole song will be a monster like Webb's By The Time I Get To Phoenix or Gershwin's Summertime. I'm serious. That's why it's taking so long. To be honest with you, I haven't actually put too much work into the writing of the lyric yet. Yeah, you guessed it: FEAR. (Did you guess?) I have fear the way I don't when I'm working on this blog. I don't know what to do about it. Except maybe put pressure on myself by writing more updates which say I've been doing: NOTHING.

I have been listening to Phoenix all morning. I have been doing that. The Glen Campbell version, obviously. It's such a simple song - and such a mind-blowing classic. Jimmy Webb also wrote Wichita Lineman and Galveston. Both classics. But let's forget MacArthur Park. The less said about that the better. Someone left the cake out in the rain? Do me a favour, son.