Thursday 23 January 2020

For immediate release - !!!

Ha, ha, ha! I received this PR email yesterday. Ah, never mind. It's not the end of the world, is it?

The Voice hasn't come back from lunch. So ... never mind, again. I don't know what his problem is.

Let's do this!

Refinitiv: Lipper European Fund Flows Report - December 2019

Nice one!

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for December 2019.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in December amounted to net inflows of €39.4 bn.
Equity funds (+€26.3 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for December.
Equity Global (+€7.3 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for December.
The Look of Love.
Ireland (+€30.5 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Luxembourg (+€24.0 bn) and Switzerland (+€5.9 bn).
BlackRock was the best-selling fund promoter for December overall, with net sales of €6.3 bn, ahead of JPMorgan (+€5.7 bn) and Pictet (+€5.5 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share-class level amounted to net inflows of €13.3 bn for December.
Amundi CA 15/01/2020 C (+€3.4 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund for December.

Fine. / And it will come as no surprise to anyone that our Detlef would like to say a few words now. Should I let him? I mean, I normally do. Yeah, why not?

Come on, son!

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "Mikey, following the good performance of the equity markets globally, European investors continued to be in risk-on mode in December. The sentiment of investors might have been supported by a calm market during the trade war between the U.S. and China, as well as a clearer situation around Brexit after the general election in the UK, since both led to a better outlook for general economic growth and company earnings for the year ahead."

Thanks, Detlef! / I added the "Mikey", just to make it more personal, like. Our Detlef has a habit of talking to no one in particular, or ... maybe it's the cosmos he's addressing? Well, that would be great. I mean, I do it myself.

ENDS

...

Anything else, kook(s)? Well, it's the end of the week and I'm tired, but ... we can talk about music, sure. I don't mind.

I've got half of a new tune. It came to me in seconds the other day after I just picked up my guitar and started to strum some chords. It's very catchy and commercial. Oh, it's nice work if you can get it, yes.

I've got a Battenberg cake for tonight. It's lovely with a cup of tea.

Er ... I'm going to put some music on.

Anarchy In The UK. The Sex Pistols.

Back In Black. AC/DC.

Roll Away The Stone. Mott The Hoople.

That's enough. I'm not in the mood for listening. I want silence. It's a grey day.

Hopefully, I'll do some recording this weekend. Maybe. I don't mind the setbacks and delays. They help you as an artist - if you know how to use them. As long as you don't run out of time, of course.

I walked around central London yesterday, for my health. I didn't go in any shops. I saw a few buskers. They're nearly always decent singers and guitarists, often better than established stars, but ... you know what I mean. It's the songs, man. You need great, original songs. I'm sure a lot of these people want to be "discovered". Some of them sell CDs. I don't know. It's depressing. 'Maybe they're just doing it for fun, boss.' Oh, hello, Voice. Where have you been? 'Guess.' The astral plane? 'Got it in one!' Great!

Okay, I've got a headache.

Later(s), alligator(s)!