Monday 27 January 2020

The IGF announces ...

Uh. It's another dreary day, probably. In winter. Grey sky. 'What does the IGF announce, boss?’ We'll get on to that in a minute, Voice. Yeah, PR email.

I'm not in the mood for finance. Maybe we should discuss football, dear reader(s)? 'Yes!' Unfortunately, I'm not interested in football. 'Oh.' So ... 'Combine the two, boss. Football and finance!' Yeah, okay. Double punishment.

In a minute, obviously. I just ... I don't know. / I got up at five this morning. / It'll soon be summer. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it. 'No?' It all depends. 'On the weather?' No, on my situation.

Okay ...

IGF wraps up 2019 with a further 26% increase of client funds in use.

Fair enough. Let's hear more ...

Independent Growth Finance (IGF), a leading independent commercial finance provider, has entered the new decade in style with seven new clients signed in December and £126 million funds in use. Despite a turbulent year for SMEs across the UK, IGF's funds in use have continued to grow at pace.

Of the seven new asset-based lending (ABL) clients signed in December, three are based in the Midlands, with combined funds in use of £6 million.

Okay, okay. I wonder what our John says ...

John Onslow, CEO of IGF, commented: "We closed 2019 with a fantastic month of new business across the UK. This has set us up very well for a strong end to our financial year. Of all the records broken during this period perhaps the most rewarding was the sheer amount of cash collected. It really illustrates how liquid the assets are that we fund and the volume of cash locked away. We understand there is a determination by SMEs to invest and focus on their futures. By providing more than £1 billion of new funding over the course of 2019 we are playing our part in ensuring UK SMEs have access to the right financial support."

Okay, okay. And, uh ... Brittany has kindly included a photo of Mr Onslow with the email, and I have to say ... he looks very civilized, dear reader(s). I mean, considering he's the top boy of the IGF. 'A lot of them have good jobs, too, boss. Watch that Green Street film.' Yes, I've seen it, Voice.

Finally ...

The strong start to the year is further bolstered by the appointment of new Commercial Director, Matthew Shepherd. He joins from the ABL division at CYBG, previously Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, to spearhead national growth.

Nice one!

ENDS

...

Anything else, kook(s)? Music? My music? Uh ... I tried recording my songs at the weekend. It didn't go well, but I'm not depressed. I was depressed. I feel that I'll be a dead man if I can't record this demo. Seriously! However, some good came out of all the work. Firstly, by the end of the weekend I was performing really well. (It seems I won't ever be able to relax and practice only ninety minutes a day. I'll have to do hours, and hours, and hours. Christ.) Secondly, I know now that I will have to record in another room in the house BECAUSE(!) ... there's just too much noise in the street, man. People banging car doors and screaming, green parrots making, uh ... parrot noises, and everything else you get in a modern city these days. Do you know what I mean?

Also ... I'm thinking of replacing Malibu with Good Times. Malibu is the better song, but ... Good Times is really commercial. Oh, it's simple, and maybe a bit silly, but I like it. Anyway, I haven't decided yet.

Nothing is a bad mutha of a song, even played rough. [Yeah, I keep saying, so what?] It's strength comes from being far more musical than Dylan while having a lyric that only Dylan could write.

I'll probably try recording again tomorrow night. Too much blogging today! This post, obviously, which is almost finished, clearly, then ... a conceptual! Let's get dizzy!

Laters!