Monday 13 January 2020

Life goes on!

But it can change.

I bought the first series of The Office for my phone the other day. [The British series. I haven't seen the American one.] It was only £3.99, so I thought ... Why not?! / I hadn't seen it for ages. Its depiction of office life and life in general is really accurate. Watching it made me realize how much I've changed over the years. I mean, what seemed normal then, seems alien now.

...

I got up at half five for another day of blogging. I did a bit of guitar practice before starting this post at seven.

...

Motivation isn't much use if you can't control your emotional and mental states. [Maybe they're the same thing, I don't know.] I feel really strong this morning, uh ... for no particular reason, like. I hope it lasts, man! But even if it doesn't, I think I'll keep working until I can return to this mood, you dig?

...

Here's something I like to do ... Listen! I think it's quite likely that there's other life somewhere in the universe. There must be! / Well, imagine a planet three or four billion light years away. Do it now! Imagine it! Imagine some "being" having its breakfast. [Or lunch, or dinner.] Or going for a walk. Or getting dressed. Or having a wash. Or talking to a friend. That mundane stuff is definitely happening somewhere. And this character might have blue skin, or green skin. It might have three arms, or two heads. This person - yes, let's call it a person - has a life. A life! A life that is normal and routine.

Is this "person" thinking of us ... in this moment? Or is "it" too trapped in its own bullshit?

[It's possible I have a greater consciousness than your average alien. Join me!]

...

Back on earth. Imagine the future. Imagine one billion years from now!

There are no governments or corporations. There are no football teams. There are no brands. Coca-Cola does not exist. If anyone is alive ... they can't understand these words. They can't translate them.

But on other planets ... some fish might be crawling out of the sea. And they might have plans for symphonies. Maybe they'll be able to surpass Beethoven's Ninth.

...

God or The Cosmic Power Force Thing ... knows and sees all this, all the realities, all the time. By stepping outside yourself, dear reader(s), and leaving your absurd ego behind, you can know and see, too.

...

It's Monday morning. 13/01/2020. I've nearly finished this post.

I'll have my lunch. I'll play my guitar for a bit. I'll start work on a conceptual post that will take up a large part of the rest of the day. Tonight, I'll play my guitar.

Laters!