Wednesday 26 February 2020

It's impossible to NOT(!) write about personal stuff and music unless ... you want to write about finance all the time

Which I don't.

So ... never mind. This is just my online diary, I suppose. There's no harm in it, is there?

I'm listening to various Beatles songs on my media player, starting with the four songs I consider their world-beaters ...

Yesterday
A Day In The Life
Hey Jude
Let It Be

Plus ...

Imagine. / Yes, Lennon's solo world-beater. A lot of people don't like it because of the "soppy" or "naive" message. Well, I'm not concerned with that. I'm looking at the song from a technical point of view, and it is perfect. The lyric and the music are very inspired. They go together perfectly. The song has grandeur.

I'm still beating myself up because I can't write more like MY(!) five world-beaters, which is ridiculous, really, for a singer/songwriter that no one knows about, BUT(!) ... I'm fifty, man. You dig? If I were twenty-five, I could get a recording contract with songs like Lucky You and Round The Bend. Songs that I've actually been able to record to my satisfaction, bloody years ago!

These are the five, the songs I need to record -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
Stella
Malibu
What's This Life We Live?

As everyone knows. I've spoken of them enough.

The last two won't be on the demo, but I still need recordings to send to that copyright service I use.

Listen! I've just got to ... trust in the wisdom of the cosmos. 'Ha!' I mean, what choice do I have?

Other Beatles songs I'm playing now ...

Blackbird. / Lovely atmosphere!

Sexy Sadie. / The piano part "inspired" Karma Police by Radiohead.

I Don't Want To Spoil The Party. / One of my favourites.

Don't Bother Me. / Harrison's first decent song.

Twist and Shout. / They didn't write it, of course. However, coming at the end of their first album in 1963, it sounds like they're going to conquer the world.

Ah, that's it.

...

Anything else? No, not really. It's the end of another week. I started Sunday. I've finished now.

A lot of guitar playing to come. Recording? Depends on the rain. It's too noisy in my house.

Motivation? I haven't slacked off this week. Yet. I don't think I will. I've changed. I just snapped the other day.

Normal life has sickened me since I was old enough to think and feel. I'm finally doing something about it.