Thursday 20 February 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European ETF market report - January 2020

Okay, okay. PR email, dear reader(s), from Detlef and the gang. It's obvious.

The promoters of ETFs in Europe experienced net inflows of €12.1 bn for January.
The assets under management in the European ETF industry (€883.1 bn) increased during January to a new all-time high.
Equity ETFs (+€7.0 bn) posted the highest net inflows in the European ETF industry for January.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for January was Equity Global (+€3.3 bn), followed by Equity Emerging Markets Global (+€1.1 bn) and Bond Emerging Markets Global in Hard Currencies (+€0.9 bn).
Only God Can Judge Me.
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for January (+€5.2 bn), ahead of Xtrackers (+€1.3 bn) and UBS ETF (+€1.3 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €3.6 bn for January.
The best-selling ETF for January, iShares J.P. Morgan $ EM Bond UCITS ETF USD (Dist), accounted for net inflows of €0.5 bn.

Okay, okay. What does the great man say? Speak, Detlef, speak!

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "It was another positive month for the European ETF industry as European ETF promoters enjoyed above average inflows in January. These led, in combination with the positive performance of the underlying markets, to an increase in assets under management from €869.8 bn as of December 31, 2019, to a new record high of €883.1 bn at the end of January. The increase of €13.3 bn for January was driven by net inflows (+€12.1 bn), while the performance of the underlying markets contributed €1.2 bn to the increase in assets."

Nice one, son!

ENDS

Okay, okay. A few tunes!

Don't Let It Bring You Down. Neil Young. / Ha! I don't get down. Lovely song though.

Nightrain. Guns N' Roses. / Will I be going to Cornwall this year? It's the money, man. Maybe the matter will be taken out of my hands when I get a deal. I mean, there will be no time for holidays.

Tara. Roxy Music. / Soothing!

...

Right. Anything else? Yes! Watch this - !!! Er - that ... The Battle of Pharsalus. / Julius Caesar is the ultimate model for manhood. Especially in this day and age when men are so soft. Even Elon Musk - if you look into his life - is emotionally weak. [He's got a strong will though.]

Oh, and after the battle? Caesar said: "This is what they wanted. After such great deeds, I, Gaius Caesar, would have been condemned had I not sought the help of my army." Ha, ha, ha! Total badass!

Now, I have the personality. I have the emotional strength, the self-sufficiency. I have the will, yes! But - 'You don't have the action, Mikey. Come on! That's where our Elon beats you.' Oh, hello! Yes, yes, Voice. I know, I know. Uh. I know. It's the Hamlet hangover from my youth.

But, believe me, kook(s) ... the action is being sorted.

I can build myself! I have the technology!

Have a nice weekend!

Laters!