Tuesday 18 February 2020

Will a Democrat or Trump win this year be best for ... ?

Oh! Oh! Best for what? I mean, this is a very important issue. 'Best for the state of the world, I should imagine, boss.' Ha, ha, ha! Well, you're wrong, Voice. 'Oh.' You see, I have a PR email, and, uh, the big issue is ... What will be best for parcels? 'Oh, Christ! Jinksy!' Ha, ha, ha! Jinksy! I love this guy!

Trump has previously slapped new tariffs on British goods, but supports a post-Brexit US-UK free trade agreement. Democrats are less likely to impose new duties but won’t approve any deal that undermines the Good Friday agreement; and want to see major e-commerce platforms broken up. ParcelHero says the 2020 Presidential election will have a profound impact on UK exporters and traders - whatever the result.

So, you see, dear reader(s)? Please! Let's have no talk of wars, human rights, climate change. Jinksy has got his priorities right.

Come on, son!

Says ParcelHero's Head of Consumer Research, David Jinks MILT: "Whether Trump or the Democrats win later this year, UK traders and exporters will see significant changes; and it's not clear which outcome would be best for UK companies. In the case of the Democrats the situation is complicated further by the continuing process of choosing their Presidential candidate. Many of the contenders hold very differing views on tariffs and e-commerce. British retailers and exporters, whatever their size, should start planning now for how to deal with the result of the US election."

And, uh ... ENDS - !!! 'ENDS?! You've missed out most of the email, boss!' Yeah. So? 'Just do his conclusion.' Why? 'He's a regular, man. We don't want Jinksy getting upset.' Why not? I've had a gutful of his bloody parcels!

Okay, okay ...

Concludes David: "It's clear that the outcome of this year's US election will be of huge importance for UK trade, just as we sail into the uncharted waters of Brexit. ParcelHero's constantly updated USA parcel delivery guide will keep shippers up to speed with any changes to US deliveries; and we expect to see some significant adjustments to tariffs and regulations, depending on who wins what is likely to be a tight election."

ENDS - !!!

...

Anything else? Music update?! Well, I shouldn't really ... but I've got nothing else to write about, so ... 'Go on, boss! There's no harm in it.' All right. / I've written a new tune for the verse of a song. I just need a big chorus. This one will be a world-beater. I mean, it's obvious from the bit I already have. I don't like the rhythm, but that can be changed. There's no rush because I have all the songs I need for the first album. However, I want to get to ten world-beaters as soon as possible. It will make me feel more secure, you dig?

My recording? Oh, soon, kook(s). Soon! I'm playing better than ever. Actually, I made some great recordings of two smaller and easier songs, Lucky You and Round The Bend, in November 2016. Since then, I've been trying to get my performance of my big songs up to the same level. Well, I think I'll be able to do it now.

It's just amazing to me how long it's taken, man. I mean, I started all this in the autumn of 2010! Never mind, eh?

[By the way, I reckon I've played my guitar for roughly 3,900 hours since February 2014. That's when I started to make more of an effort. / One hour and forty-five or fifty minutes a day doesn't sound a lot, I know. But try keeping that average for six years.]

[By the way, I'm definitely putting Good Times on the demo. It's not a world-beater in my eyes, BUT(!) ... it will be the "liveliest" song. For some reason. I can't explain it.]

Later(s), pop fan(s)!