Thursday 8 October 2020

Music post with cactus

That's the best title I could think of.

Anyway, I'm listening to Achtung Baby by U2.

Apparently, Noel Gallagher was obsessed with this album, and Live Forever is exactly the same length as One. [4.36.] I'm just saying, man.

Well, I've been thinking ... it's a miracle I've managed to write the twelve great songs for my Citizen Kane of albums. No one can expect more from me at the moment - not while I'm living in shit.

One day, I'll write loads of songs.

One day, I'll have a deal, and I'll be living in a nice flat in Richmond - oh, for starters, yes.

One day, my mind will be clear, and there will be no more blogging. No more words ... without music to make them bearable, you dig?

Of course, I still have those three tunes that need lyrics. However, the second album is years away.

You need more than twelve songs for gigs ...

Maybe I won't even be able to do gigs until the second album because of The Thing. [I get the feeling politicians love The Thing too much.]

When I can be bothered ... I'll go into central London to get an electro acoustic guitar from the Yamaha shop. The one I want is just over £500. It has laminated back and sides, which is fine. I don't want the hassle of looking after an expensive solid wood guitar. I had enough trouble with that cactus.

Do you remember the cactus I had? Well, it died.

There's a shop in Richmond with loads of cactuses for sale. One costs £170. It's pretty big, like the sort you get in the desert in America.

Okay, okay. That's enough of Achtung Baby. I'm putting on the first three songs of The Joshua Tree.

I haven't done the hypnosis yet. I'll wait until after my pizza tonight. I'm having garlic bread with it.

Hopefully, I'll record my demo within the next four to six weeks. Then I'll try to improve my guitar playing even more.

I'll put the demo online in ... January? Maybe.

It will be like crossing the Rubicon, I reckon. A bit scary. But I have no choice. Caesar didn't have a choice, did he? Think about it.

Laters.