Tuesday 20 October 2020

Pimloc secures £1.4 million

Well, it all sounds a bit BIG BROTHER to me, but - 'What does, boss?! Raising £1.4 million? Christ! Be reasonable.' Shut up, you idiot! Have you even read the email? 'No, not yet.' Ha! Ha, ha, ha! Well, I have, my little invisible friend. At least they won't be able to film you. 'What are you talking about?!' This -

London, UK - 19 Oct 2020 - Pimloc, the visual privacy and security company, has closed £1.4M in new financing in a seed funding round led by Amadeus Capital Partners with participation from Speedinvest and existing shareholders.

Founded in 2016, Pimloc specializes in deep learning systems for security video and diverse image collections. Pimloc's technology powers products that enable private businesses and public organizations to protect sensitive or personal visual data, to maintain safe online environments and to manage video security footage.

You see, Voice? 'Ha, ha, ha! They won't be able to film me. I'm invisible.' Yes. That's what I said. Open your ears. 'I ain't got no ears, boss.' You've got astral ears. 'Oh, of course. I've got those.' Well, open them!

I can't get the staff ...

Anyway, let's go straight to the voices ...

Simon Randall, CEO, says, "Video is being captured more often, by more devices and in more locations than ever before. Historically much of this footage has resided with security officers but now other business functions want to extract valuable data from this content. How this data is managed and shared is raising critical legal and ethical questions for data privacy. The protection of personal data needs to be designed into visual security and analytics systems by default to protect individuals from the misuse of face recognition and other technologies."

Right. Let's hear from David Bowie -

"Don't live for last year's capers. Give me steel, give me steel, give me pulses unreal."

Thank you, David. / Now, let's hear from Alex -

Alex van Someren, Managing Partner, Amadeus Capital Partners, comments, "There is a critical need for privacy by design and large-scale solutions, as video grows as a data source for mobility, insurance, commerce and smart cities, while our reliance on video for remote working increases. We are very excited about the potential of Pimloc's products to meet this challenge."

Okay, okay. / David, would you like to respond?

"He'll build a glass asylum, with just a hint of mayhem."

Okay. / And Rick?

Rick Hao, Principal, Speedinvest, adds, "Consumers around the world are rightfully concerned with how enterprises are handling the growing volume of visual data being captured 24/7. We believe Pimloc has developed an industry leading approach to visual security and privacy that will allow businesses and governments to manage the usage of visual data whilst protecting consumers. We are excited to support their vision as they expand into the wider Enterprise and SaaS markets."

Right. / And the final word from David -

"We want you Big Brother."

Okay. Fair enough.

ENDS

...

Anything else?

The Thing?

Yeah, yeah. Let's hope the world gets back to the way it was soon. Let's hope everyone gets a grip. Do you know what I mean?

I don't want a chivato on every corner.

And I want to get my music started. I'm ready now. I'm sick of hanging around, waiting for some action.

And when everything gets back to normal ... I won't get back to ... what was normal, for me. 'What does that mean, Mikey?' Shut up!

Let me speak.

Yeah, yeah. I've had it with my everyday life, man.

I only want a musical life.

That is all.

Later(s), alligator(s)!