Wednesday 21 October 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European fund flow report - September 2020

Right. What's this?! ... you're probably wondering, dear reader(s). 'Don't be ridiculous, boss! Everyone knows it's the September European fund flow industry report from the Lipper team at Refinitiv.'

I was just trying to get some excitement going. Never mind.

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for September 2020.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in September amounted to estimated net inflows of €38.0 bn.
Equity funds (+€26.4 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for September.
Equity Global (+€10.4 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for September.
The U.K. (+€12.6 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Ireland (+€10.3 bn) and Luxembourg (+€8.0 bn).
Addicted To Love.
BlackRock was the best-selling fund promoter for September overall, with net sales of €17.1 bn, ahead of Man Investments (+€3.9 bn) and BNP Paribas Asset Management (+€3.0 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share class level net inflows of €6.6 bn for September.
Aviva Investors Global Sovereign Bond Zh GBP (+€0.9 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund share class for September.
 
Aviva Investors again, eh? Christ. 'Those Schroders are mugs.' I know, I know. They don't get any of the glory.

Okay, okay. Let's hear from our Detlef ...
 
Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "European investors bought further back into mutual funds and ETFs in September. Even as the global equity markets recovered further in a volatile environment, investors returned to long-term mutual funds because they expected the massive stimulus packages from central banks and governments globally to keep interest rates low and to foster global economic growth despite upcoming uncertainties from a possible second wave of The Thing lockdowns in Europe."

Thanks, Detlef. You're a diamond! 'You're a prince among men, Detlef!' All right, Voice. Calm down.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music? My music?! Well ...

I've still got the twelve songs for the album.

I'm not still not using any of the old songs - the 2016 demo and all the stuff before that.

I've still got the three new tunes without lyrics. / By the way, I'm changing the title and concept of The Sun Is Getting Higher. It's just a dummy now.

I'm still aiming to become the greatest ever songwriter with only twenty songs. / Ha! It sounds impossible, doesn't it? I don't care, kook(s). Listen! If our Elon can build a city on Mars, I can do this.

So ...

I need five new tunes.

I need eight new lyrics.

I'm going to write them like my life depends on the outcome - which it does.

Is my situation God's blessing or God's curse?

Well, I'll tell you straight ... It's the cosmos I'm dealing with, man. You dig?

Laters!