Monday 12 October 2020

You can't know me

This is not me. I am not me. The consciousness could belong to anyone. It's not mine. Most writers aren't intelligent enough to despise words. Death would be better than the life on offer. However, I'm stubborn. Every time I think people aren't, well ... never mind. I like the swans in the park. They're just as cool as dolphins. I see things in reality that no one else can see. I feel things I would rather not. I think some things that are on the edge. There are no rules now. No laws for me. I am not attached. I can't be seen. When the awful words stop, the beautiful music begins. That's some consolation. It's not enough. Nothing can be enough. Nothing is obviously the answer. I can't read without puking unless the writer is alive while being dead, which is so much better than being dead while alive with the writing that makes me puke. Not that it matters. No one cares. No one even knows what the situation is. The sea is far away from here. Even when you get close you can't appreciate it. There might be a beach, miles away. If you go there, there will be another beach, miles away. And another. You can stand still. You can close your eyes. You can dream of what they are like, all these beaches. You can have visions. But you will never be satisfied because there is no satisfaction on earth. Only losing your breath, all your blood, all your flesh, all your bones, will solve all your problems. Who am I talking about? I don't even want to know. I can't imagine. I won't guess. I'm hoping for silence. Or ...

From the sixth of October ...

Hi Michael​​,

The EU this morning removed the Cayman Islands from its blacklist of tax havens since it adopted new reforms.

Thank you! I've never been so happy to copy and paste from a PR email.

Allison Nolan, the founder and Managing Director of Athena International Management based out of the Cayman Islands says, "The fact that Cayman was added to the 'Blacklist' in February of this year, despite the enhancements to the regulatory framework around investment funds, was mainly due to issues of timing and some residual concerns. In essence, it should never have happened. Since then, the Cayman Islands Government has worked with the EU to identify and address these concerns resulting in a best-in-class regulatory regime governing investment funds and leading to today's removal from the list of non-cooperative jurisdictions."

Thank you, thank you, thank you ... for something normal, something sane.

Nolan is available for interviews and to provide additional comments on this and related topics. If you are interested please reach out and I will be happy to coordinate.

No, that's okay, Ashley. I'm happy, Ashley.

Well, I'm not happy, exactly, but I'm still alive. Not a great achievement, really. But it's better than nothing ... ? Oh, I don't think so, no. Can anything be better than nothing?

ENDS, if only.