Thursday 1 October 2020

Who's got $22.5 trillion in assets?

Ha, ha, ha!

Not I - !!!

World's five largest asset management companies hold $22.5trn in assets, more than US GDP.

Yeah, those guys. Asset managers. Never mind.

Institutions and individuals who invest money usually do so with the asset manager's help, a company that manages their investments and makes a profit for both sides. These firms make well-timed investment decisions on behalf of their clients to grow their portfolio and finances.

Fair enough. Everyone's got to earn a living, I suppose.

According to data presented by StockApps.com, the world's five largest asset management companies hold $22.5trn in assets, more than the GDP of the United States. With more than $7.3trn in assets under management or one-third of that value, BlackRock represents the leading asset manager globally.

The world's largest asset manager, BlackRock, has become one of the leading players on the financial market over the last 25 years. It serves individual investors, companies, governments, and foundations through 70 offices all around the world. BlackRock also tops the list of largest Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) providers in the United States and has played a huge role in advising the US government during the financial crisis.

Oh.

In 2015, the total value of assets under BlackRock's management amounted to $4.6trn, revealed the company's annual report. During the last five years, this figure surged by 57% to $7.3trn in 2020. Besides leading in the value of managed assets, the New York-based financial giant also witnessed a steady market cap growth in 2020. In September, the total value of BlackRock stocks hit $83.6bn, a 22% jump year-over-year.

Yeah, it all seems to be about BlackRock, this PR email. 'Look, boss - !'

With $5.7trn in total assets under management, the Vanguard Group ranked as the second-largest asset manager globally. The US financial company, with 20 locations worldwide and 17,600 employees, is also the second-largest provider of exchange traded funds and the largest provider of mutual funds in the world.

Oh, okay. Vanguard Group as well. Nice one! 'Look, boss - !'

UBS Group represents the third-largest asset manager globally, with more than $3.5trn in assets under management. The Swiss financial corporation and the country's largest bank announced a net profit of $1.23 billion for the second quarter of 2020, an 11% drop year-over-year mostly caused by the continued credit losses amid The Thing crisis.

Yes, yes. UBS as well. And I can read a bloody email, Voice. You don't have to keep screaming Look, boss! in my ear. 'Sorry.'

Oh, look ...

State Street Global Advisors and Fidelity Investments ranked as the fourth and fifth largest asset managers globally, with $3.05trn and $2.92trn in total assets under management.

Well, well ... never mind, eh?

ENDS

...

Anything else? Yes.

I'm going to stop taking long walks. I've decided that they're a waste of time. From now on, I'm only going to take short walks.

So, no more Richmond!

And no more river by Kew Bridge!

Just ...

The local park, which ...

... is a very nice place, I'm sure you'll agree, kook(s). Despite all the commercial exploitation.

...

What else? Music?

If I do record my demo this month, I'll probably spend November and December trying to improve my guitar playing even more, especially lead guitar ... rather than writing new songs.

When I'm a professional, I'll have plenty of time to write songs. I mean, I won't be writing this blog any more, will I? 'That's a shame, Mikey.' No it's not. I've put thirteen years in, son. How long did Joyce spend on Finnegans Wake? 'Er ... seventeen years, I think.' Yeah, and it's unreadable*.

Ha! But as long as Joyce was enjoying himself, you know? I'm not going to judge him. 'You've got to respect him for staying true to his vision, like.' Of course you have, Voice!

Laters.


*Oh, I read fifty pages of it, years ago. Ulysses is the masterpiece.