Wednesday 30 September 2020

Wednesday afternoon music post

And films, hypnosis.

I've got loads of PR emails, but I can't be bothered to go through them at the moment. Maybe I'll do one tonight. Or maybe I won't.

...

It's raining, dear reader(s). And grey outside. I need to play suitable music. I think I'll start off with Song For Guy. / Actually, I'll put it on repeat for a while while while I write this, yes.

My music? There's a chance I'll record my demo in October or November. I'm good enough now. There's no point in delaying.

I feel vulnerable not having my demo ready. If it were ready, and disaster struck ... it would only take me an hour or two to put the songs online. Do you know what I mean? / Maybe you don't know what I mean. You probably don't live the way I do. Ha, ha, ha! Good luck to you, kooks!

Guitar? I'm very happy with my rhythm playing these days. And my singing, too, when I do both together. / I might have my own rhythm style. I can certainly control the sound and feeling, anyway. Nothing happens by mistake, you dig?

Oh, one thing: I've been neglecting lead guitar for ... Christ, ages! My Epiphone Les Paul leans against the wall in my bedroom. I had to spend five minutes wiping all the dust off the other day. Never mind. I will get back to it eventually.

I don't know when I'll launch my demo. Maybe January. It depends on what's happening with The Thing, and the music business.

[Okay, I'm putting two songs on repeat - Elton John's Blue Eyes, and Prince's Ballad of Dorothy Parker.]

...

Films?

Uh ... I've got to stop buying films for my phone. It's addictive though. I haven't even got any space on my SD card!

Recent purchases: Citizen Kane, Surviving Picasso, and Supersonic - the Oasis documentary.

Fandango is still my favourite. Yeah, I'm a massive fan. I don't know when I'll get to Texas to meet all the others.

...

Paul McKenna's hypnosis?

It's better to stay awake if you can.

You've got to be in a trance, not totally knocked out.

Try it!

It beats meditation, self-help audiobooks, affirmations, incantations ...

It's probably magic. That's what I reckon.

...

Well ...

Laters!