Sunday 6 September 2020

My last music update ... for awhile

Okay, okay.

I'm writing the lyric for my new song. It's called The Sun Is Getting Higher. I've got the chorus. I need the verses.

Also, I'm going to rewrite the lyric for I Want Everything ... to make it less personal and more universal. It occurred to me the other day that it's actually a pretty good singalong song. However, it needs to be less personal so that people can relate to it more.

Oh, here's the "album" now -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lucky You
Round The Bend
What's This Life We Live?
I Want Everything
And Rain Came Down
Stella
Good Times
I'm Right Inside
Malibu
Nothing
The Sun Is Getting Higher

Love Me and We'll Show Them Heaven will be left off, and I will have fourteen songs altogether - not including all the songs I've either scrapped or just don't want to use.

My demo? It could be launched in October, or November, or ... early next year. Depends on ... all sorts of stuff, man. The stars!

I want twenty songs.

I want to improve my performing even more.

I want to get back to learning lead guitar.

I want more time!

I want more energy!

...

I'm really enjoying that Oasis book, despite all the spelling mistakes and factual errors. Didn't Paolo Hewitt have an editor?!

Apparently, Noel had the second album written before recording the first. If that's true, it shows real class. [I don't think it is true.]

There's so much pressure in the music business. Imagine knowing you have two classic albums ready to go!

...

Ha! Even better though is having the Citizen Kane of albums ready, which is what I have.

The Sun Is Getting Higher is the cherry on top of the cake. It will sound amazing at the end of the album, especially if I get those backing singers I told you about.

By the way, EIGHT of my BIG TEN will be on the album.

All of the songs will be potential singles.

It will be apocalyptic - in a nice way, of course.

...

Anything else? Yeah. I bought Mickey Rourke's best film, Angel Heart, for my phone. It's about a singer who has sold his soul to the devil. I've seen the film loads of times before. I'm not into "horror". I just like the atmosphere of the film.

Oh, that Oasis book, again? Yes, it's amusing reading about their adventures, but I'm probably going to be more like our Elon than Liam and Noel. I mean, if Elon gets drunk and smashes up a hotel room, it won't get him to Mars any sooner, will it?

Later(s), kook(s)!