Wednesday 16 September 2020

Wednesday afternoon

Just thoughts, that's all. And not too many.

Yeah, I'm not in the mood for finance. Am I ever, these days? I've got a PR email from Detlef and the gang. I'll do that tomorrow.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow ... ah, never mind. Time passes. We can't do anything about it, can we?

Do you know ... in September, two thousand and seventy-two years ago, my mate Caesar was fighting the Gauls at the Battle of Alesia?

Where does the time go, eh?

...

I've finished my new tune. I need the words now. Actually, I need to write three lyrics. Yes, those other two, too. Oh, I'll have my BIG TEN soon.

Oh, I tell you, kook(s), THE HIGH I get from these tunes is unbelievable. It fades after awhile, but that's a good thing ... because then I go chasing the next fix. Do you know what I mean?

By the way, my BIG TEN won't be set in stone. If I write better songs later on, some songs will be pushed out. Maybe I'll get a BIG TWENTY eventually.

...

I've bought The Lost Boys for my phone. I think that's the last film I'll buy. 'You need a bigger SD card, boss.' Yes, Voice, I know. Go away!

I like Corey Haim in it. He's really funny. I like his facial expression after his grandpa puts a stuffed animal in his room.

...

I'd like to sneak off to Cornwall for a few days, but I don't think I can with The Thing and lockdowns(?) and that. The government is so unstable, man. Who knows what those arseholes will do next?

...

I don't read fiction much any more. However, I wouldn't mind reading Right Ho, Jeeves again by P. G. Wodehouse. It's the funniest novel I've ever read. Money by Martin Amis is the second funniest.

...

Oh, here's my favourite passage from that Oasis book by Paolo Hewitt -

In the meantime, he had made perhaps the most important discovery of his life. One day at home, Noel had been playing Exile On Main St., one of his favourite Rolling Stones' albums, 'for about the 300th time'.

It was while listening to the track 'Shine A Light' that Noel thought he heard Mick Jagger sing the word 'maybe'. God knows why but the word stuck in Noel's head; he picked up his guitar and strummed some chords repeating the word time after time.

Then he found that if he left a gap between two chords and inserted the word 'maybe' into the space between, he was on to something.

Which is how Noel Gallagher wrote his first classic song, 'Live Forever', and how he discovered that not only was he a songwriter of undisputed talent but that he could now truly take himself seriously. In all his early songwriting attempts, he was smart enough to know that he hadn't arrived at the kind of standard that he expected and looked for in all things. With 'Live Forever' under his belt, he now knew for certain that he had a future. It was a strange feeling. Noel Gallagher had never felt anything like it before in his life.

Later(s), crocodile(s)!