Wednesday 23 September 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European fund flow report - August 2020

Yes, it's the August European fund flow industry report from the Lipper team at Refinitiv. 'Yippee!' Calm down, Voice. FFS!

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for August 2020.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in August amounted to estimated net inflows of €16.0 bn.
Bond funds (+€19.9 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for August.
Equity Global (+€8.6 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for August.
Lost In Music.
Luxembourg (+€14.1 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by France (+€6.4 bn) and Switzerland (+€1.6 bn).
Morgan Stanley was the best-selling fund promoter for August overall, with net sales of €3.4 bn, ahead of PIMCO (+€2.2 bn) and Mercer (+€2.2 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share class level net inflows of €6.6 bn for August.
Aviva Investors Global Sovereign Bond Zh GBP (+€0.9 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund share class for August.

Ha! Aviva Investors. 'They're still pretending that they work for a living, boss.' I know, I know. It's so comical.

Anyway, let's hear from our Detlef ...

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "European investors bought further back into mutual funds and ETFs in August. Since the global equity markets recovered further, investors returned to long-term mutual funds because they expected the massive stimulus packages from central banks and governments globally to keep interest rates low and to foster global economic growth after the lockdowns caused by the outbreak of The Thing are lifted in more countries around the globe."

Okay, okay. And ... ?

ENDS

Is that it?! 'He's going off finance, boss.' No he's not! Our Detlef loves finance. 'So why hasn't he got more to say? Just one paragraph!' I don't know.

Maybe he's busy with his music or something.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music? My music?

Well, I've changed the structure of my new tune ... again! Oh, it's even better now. Realistically, it's not going to be as great as This World Don't Mean a Thing and Live Forever, and certainly not as great as Nothing, BUT(!) ... it will be a great song, yes, and one of my BIG TEN, man. That's the important thing. I need that BIG TEN! I mean, I'm nearly there. I've only got to write three lyrics.

I can't believe I went ahead with my 2016 demo when I didn't have one song to match the songs in the BIG TENs of The Beatles and Oasis. 'What about You're Lying, boss?' Oh, it's okay, I suppose. I've gone off it though, and I won't be using it.

...

Okay, okay.

What am I listening to? ...

Fake Plastic Trees. Radiohead.

Cleaning Windows. Van Morrison.

Just those two songs.

Later(s), pop fan(s)!