Wednesday 2 September 2020

I'm listening to Eno's Apollo ... as is my wont

Because I want to.

I wrote some of this post earlier this afternoon. Here it is -

Oh, here's an impressive BIG TEN from Noel Gallagher and Oasis -

Live Forever
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
Slide Away
Champagne Supernova
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Talk Tonight
Stand By Me
Whatever
The Masterplan

Probably second only to The Beatles that. Of course, I'll match The Beatles. I've almost got my, uh ... BIG NINE.

...

My new tune? I love it even more now. I'm so glad I brought it back from the dead. However, I haven't got any lyrical ideas yet.

Listen! No matter how good this new song turns out to be, this is the demo  -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
And Rain Came Down
Stella

It doesn't make sense to put ALL my best songs on the internet. Those four should get the three major record companies interested.

This World Don't Mean a Thing is as good as Live Forever.

Nothing is better than Live Forever. [Oh, don't get upset, Noel, please! It's just my opinion, man.]

And Rain Came Down is as good as Wonderwall.

Stella is better than Wonderwall.

BUT(!) ... it's all subjective. [No it's not.] There's no need for anyone to get upset.

That was it there, mostly. I've changed it a bit.

Anyway ... what's happening?

Not a lot.

I'm just writing in the night, man, and listening to Apollo - like I said.

Just some thoughts ...

Actually, I'm reading a good book about Oasis at the moment, on my phone. It's called Getting High, The Adventures of Oasis by Paolo Hewitt.

I went for a walk down by the river today. The three pubs were empty at lunchtime, but last week they were full. That's because of the government's cheap meal offer, which has finished now. / What a joke! People who had enough money anyway were getting some cheap meals in the pub. But then it ends, and so they stay away again. Meanwhile poor kids are going to school with empty stomachs.

You know, I'm thinking ... there's no way I would have gone ahead with my 2016 demo if I had considered that Oasis BIG TEN.

And when I was a kid as well ... if I had thought of songs like Hey Jude and Let It Be, I would have realized that it's a mug's game writing "normal" small songs.

Never mind, eh? Better late than never.

There are so many noisy bastards in my street. It's nearly midnight. What's their problem?

Good night.