Monday 31 May 2021

Astorg's first ESG financing

What?! Is that really necessary? Well, okay ... whatever! 'What's this, boss?' I have no idea, Voice. 'A PR email?' Obviously! Ha, ha, ha! You don't think I imagine this stuff, do you?

Anyway ...

Paris, 26th May 2021 - Astorg is pleased to announce that it has completed its €1bn+ financing to acquire a majority stake in Corialis. The acquisition of Corialis has been financed through an Environmental, Social and Governance ('ESG')-linked syndicated term loan B placed with institutional investors in the European leveraged loan markets, the first of its kind for an Astorg-backed company.

Oh, okay.

Sustainability and ESG are at the heart of Corialis' business model: through its material of choice, aluminium, Corialis has developed an exceptional product range that benefits from best-in-class sustainability features with ESG being embedded in the whole production processes - the logistic needs are minimal thanks to Corialis' single-roof business model, energy and water consumption are continuously reduced, key hubs are ISO-certified, ESG is embedded in procurement and the company is closely monitoring and improving health & safety.

Hang on a minute! What is this Astorg thing first? I've never even heard of the firm.

'Look, boss -'

Astorg is a global private equity firm with over €10 billion of assets under management. Astorg works with entrepreneurs and management teams to acquire market leading global companies headquartered in Europe or the US, providing them with the strategic guidance, governance and capital they need to achieve their growth goals. Astorg enjoys a distinct entrepreneurial culture, a long-term shareholder perspective, and a lean decision-making body enhancing its reactivity. Astorg has valuable industry expertise in healthcare, software, technology, business services and technology-based industrial companies. Astorg has offices in London, Paris, New York, Frankfurt, Milan, and Luxembourg.

Oh, I see. You learn something knew every day, don't you? And then you forget it. Well, I do. Ha! Never mind. That's the way I like it. I want to keep my brain free for music only. 'And conceptuals!' Yeah, and conceptuals.

Now, what does Flo say? 'Flo?' I mean, Wim.

Come on, Wim!

Wim Flo, Chief Financial Officer of Corialis, says: "Corialis will be one of the earliest adopters of this unique financing within its sector, and by incorporating ESG-linked ambition, we are fully aligning Corialis' program with Astorg's ESG commitments."

Fair enough.

Francois? 'He sounds French.' He probably is, Voice, knowing him.

Okay. Francois?

Francois de Mitry, Managing Partner at Astorg, adds: "We were impressed by Corialis' passion for sustainable construction products and by their efforts to bring ESG to the fore in the industry. As part of our partnership, we aim to continue supporting the management team's focus on these areas, and this inaugural financing further strengthen our combined commitment."

Fair enough.

Thanks, guys!

ENDS

...

Anything else?

I was looking at the possibility of, uh ... going to Cornwall last night, BUT(!) ... nearly everywhere is booked up, and we've still got The Thing, and, Christ ... there's that bloody ridiculous G7 nonsense, of course.

Only Newquay has a few spare rooms. I've never been there before. I'm not sure I fancy it. 'Why not?' It's supposed to be a "party town" or something. 'Don't you like to party, boss?' I just want to stare at the sea, man, and contemplate eternity. 'Oh. Sounds exciting.' Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Ah, never, never ... mind, eh?

Music? I've finally decided what the three greatest ever songs ... oh, by other artists, not me ... are, yes!


So, the three best "world-beaters" from that list of eighteen I made a while ago ...

My music? I try not to think about the state of the music business, but when I do think about it, like, uh, yesterday afternoon ... I know I must get my BIG TEN, with each song a world-beater. I absolutely must!

It's my obsession, kook(s) ... when I wake up at 5.30 every morning, when I go to sleep at midnight, and even when I dream. You dig?

Laters.