Tuesday 25 May 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund flow report - April 2021

Well, well ... fund flows! 'Yippee!' Calm down.

Yeah, yeah. It's the April European fund flow industry report from the Refinitiv Lipper team. 'And that crazy cat Detlef!' Yes, Voice.

Okay ...

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for April 2021.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds and ETFs in Europe in April amounted to estimated net inflows of €86.6 bn.
Equity funds (+€35.6 bn) were by far the best-selling asset type overall for April 2021.
Equity Global (+€17.2 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds.
Stardust. The song. By David Essex.
Luxembourg (+€28.8 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Ireland (+€21.3 bn) and France (+€18.3 bn).
BlackRock (+€20.2 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for April, ahead of Amundi (+€6.2 bn), and BNP Paribas Asset Management (+€5.2 bn).

Right. Will he mention The Thing?

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "European investors were in a mixed mood over the course of April, even as the situation with regard to The Thing in Europe has been easing up.

"Nevertheless, April 2021 was another positive month for the European fund industry since the promoters of mutual funds (+€69.9 bn) and ETFs (+€16.6 bn) enjoyed inflows. The overall flow pattern in Europe has further normalized as investors in Europe continued to be in risk-on mode in April. In more detail, investors bought further into risky assets as long-term funds (€79.6 bn) and money market products (€7.0 bn) enjoyed estimated net inflows. As opposed to the general flow pattern, Money Market EUR (€18.2 bn) was the best-selling classification for the month."

Fair enough. Thanks, Detlef!

'Nice one, Detlef!'

Er ...

'Boss.'

What?

'He's all right, ain't he?'

Yeah, I suppose.

ENDS

...

Er ...

Anything else? Music?

Well, I've got 70 percent of a new tune, leading up to a chorus ... / This is my favourite time, kook(s) - as you know. I even wrote a conceptual about it, remember? It will be a great song if I can get a BIG(!) chorus.

So, I have close to eight so-called world-beaters. I've got to write three lyrics though.

The lyric for Mighty Soul is the priority because I need the song for the demo. / When I eventually "tweet" that song, I will pin it to the top of my Twitter and leave it there for as long as it takes. 'As long as what takes?' The music business to notice. 'Oh, okay.'

Five years ago, I thought they would notice She Loves Me, but that was a joke, man, compared to what I'm doing now. The only good thing about that old song is ... it kept me motivated during the bad times. 'Are these the good times, Mikey?' Not yet. We're getting there. 'Great! But ...' What, Voice? Spit it out! 'Well, after the good times are over ... ... ... ?' Ha! I will sing -

"There have been good times ..."

You dig?

'Yeah. Then I'll put you in the ambulance.'

Ha! Don't be morbid.

Later(s), stray cat(s)!