Thursday 3 February 2022

It's night

And I'm writing this.

What am I listening to? Achtung Baby. Later I will be listening to Apollo.

I've finished writing Shady, Dodgy, Shifty, and I'm very pleased with it.

This is my BIG NINE -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Life and Death*
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
And Rain Came Down*
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?

*I just need to finish two of those lyrics ...

And one more complete song for my BIG TEN.

I walked to Richmond and back yesterday, uh, today, I'm writing this Wednesday night, early Thursday, after midnight. I wore myself out again. I don't know why I keep doing that.

Habit, I suppose.

Okay. Who's got the best meal deal for lunch? Tesco or Sainsburys? I have to say Tesco. That cheese sandwich with the deli pickles costs £2.50, crisps 90p, Coke, £1.65 - er, roughly, BUT(!) ... you can have all three together for only £3. At Sainsburys, I think the meal deal is £3.50, and the range of sandwiches isn't so good. Just saying, man. I'm sure Sainsburys has other deals for other things that are very appealing, like, uh, shampoo or something.

But don't talk to me about shampoo. I suspect that my regular shampoo is being watered down to save money for the company that makes it.

If the one song I need for my BIG TEN can go near the top of the list, I'll match this lot -

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane

But that was three guys, of course. I'm on my own. I'll take those odds, and the devil can take the hindmost.

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

I'm in a funny mood tonight. Don't worry about it.

I like The Fly. But I didn't put it in U2's BIG TEN. I like the guitar solo.

The Future would be a very powerful song to put in tenth place on my list. (It's better than Penny Lane, I think.) However, I'm hoping for something even better. Shady, Dodgy, Shifty has fired me up again. I'm never satisfied. If I write a great song, I just want another one. And another one. The madness will never stop. I'm not complaining.

I mean ... only Beethoven would be a pop star like this. Listen to the Ninth Symphony - Karajan, 1977. Compare it to the other eight. He went nuts, didn't he? I've spoken of this before. I can just imagine his anger at those eight. I can almost taste it. And the frustration. But there must have been relief with the Ninth. Do you know what I mean?

I'm chilling out to Apollo now. This is the sound of the cosmos. I am absolutely convinced.

Anyway ... 

Good night.