Wednesday 27 July 2022

I had a look, but ...

Well ...

You know how it is, kooks. Don't you, eh?

'What did you have a look at, boss?'

A Lucky PR email. 'Oh no!' He's all right. I don't mind him so much now. BUT(!) ... I'm not in the mood for his nonsense this morning.

So ... maybe tonight, or tomorrow, or ... tomorrow.

You dig?

Where the hell is Detlef?!

'Ha! Probably on holiday.'

Well, lucky Detlef! 'Lucky Detlef?!' Is there an echo in here? 'Where?' Here.

I said Detlef is lucky if he's on holiday. 'Oh, I get you.' Yes.

That's where I should be.

'On holiday with Detlef?!'

No! In Cornwall!

'Okay. I get you.'

Stop saying that, idiot!

Anyway ...

I was rehearsing my songs last night and played a really brilliant version of Nothing - even though I didn't record it.

Obviously, it's better to record yourself, and then play it back, but ... I could just tell, man.

No mistakes on the guitar. Really smooth playing. My voice was in great condition. Even a bit soulful. 'Ha! Thanks, boss.'

Shut up, Voice.

And I started thinking ...

"Couldn't I have done this when I was twenty? With such songs as well."

'Er ...'

That was me thinking.

'Oh, right. Of course. / And what was the answer?'

The answer was ... NO!!!

'So ... what's the moral of the story?'

The moral of the story, Voice, kooks - if there is a bloody story, like - is ... anyone's guess.

No, the moral of the story is ...

'Come on!'

Give me a moment, FFS!

'Think!'

The moral of the story is ... there is a right time for EVERYTHING.

'Nice one!'

Uh.

I'm exhausted now.

Uh.

Anything else? A new discovery??? - by me, anyway. Er ... there's a pretty good songwriter called ... Diane Warren. 'WHO?!' Exactly! But don't worry about that.

She's very, very, very commercial. Which isn't a criticism. I'm just saying. She writes the words and the music.

Her greatest song seems to be I Don't Want To Miss a Thing - recorded by Aerosmith. I didn't pay much attention to this song until recently, but it's a classic rock ballad ... maybe even a "world-beater" - though I don't use that term any more. 'You just did!' Yeah, yeah.

Okay, okay.

That's enough, ain't it?

Voice?

'Bye, kooks!'