Wednesday 6 July 2022

I'm not in the mood for finance, strangely enough

However, I know that a few of you, my dear readers, are quite odd, so I promise to do TWO(!) financial posts tomorrow. All right?

Just not today.

Yesterday??? I walked to Richmond and back yesterday. Ten miles. It knackered me out. The heat and all. I need to stop doing those long walks. I mean, I need cardio, but not that much cardio, you dig?

I'd be better off doing the "Ringo" walk two or three times a week. That's just five miles.

Anyway ...

Music? I've been rehearsing The Future - quietly - and I'm really pleased that it seems to make a VERY BIG THREE within the BIG TEN ... along with Mighty Soul and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty. I really wasn't expecting that.

You know I've talked of "world-beaters" before, kook(s), which I don't do any more, BUT(!) ... these three songs are potentially "iconic".

'Ha! What's the bloody difference, boss?!' Oh, hello, Voice.

I don't know what the difference is. / There was a guy online who did a "scientific" analysis of great songs, and he made a list of the fifty most iconic songs. Smells Like Teen Spirit was at the top.

Who cares, anyway?!

It's only rock and roll ... ... ...

BUT(!) ...

I like it.

Anything else?

'Haven't you got any PR emails?'

Loads.

Loads of crypto shit, actually. It's a funny old world, isn't it?

Never mind.

'Whatever happened to Mikeycoin?'

It lost its value.

'Oh.'

I don't care.

Anyway ...

Listen! Songwriting really is a mysterious thing, man. / I thought Life and Death was going to be this mind-blowing masterpiece. It turned out to be a piece of crap. And, originally, the shorter version of The Future with a dummy lyric wasn't even going to be in my BIG TEN.

Well ...

I need two verses for And Rain Came Down ... maybe Friday.

After that, I need to write the lyric for a supporting song - my shortest at only 2.20.

That will give me sixteen songs.

After all these years, Christ!

Never mind.

Remember what I once said/wrote about The Stone Roses? Their whole legendary career was based on seventeen songs.

'What are those songs again, boss?'

Er ...

Well, not in any order ...

Sally Cinnamon
Elephant Stone
I Wanna Be Adored
She Bangs The Drums
Waterfall
Bye Bye Badman
Sugar Spun Sister
Made Of Stone
Shoot You Down
This Is The One
I Am The Resurrection
Where Angels Play
Going Down
Mersey Paradise
Standing Here
Fools Gold
What The World Is Waiting For
Something's Burning

Eighteen songs! I've decided to add Sally Cinnamon - in my great wisdom.

'You're the expert, Mikey!'

That's right.

Anyway, bear in mind, kooks ... The Stone Roses had nothing like my BIG TEN.

So ...

I'm not crying myself to sleep every night.

Do you know what I mean?

Laters!