Monday 4 July 2022

Music and random stuff

So ...

Music? I've finished The Future, man. How good is it? Well, it's the greatest "pure" rock song ever, I'm afraid.

Yes, I say afraid. I mean, after recording a rough demo of the song yesterday, I had to look out of my window sheepishly because I know people listen to me in the street and they must be wondering what the fuck is going on, frankly. Yes, even with a mere acoustic guitar. It just sounds nuts.

Anyway, I'm saving The Future for my second album. 'Ha!' Keep laughing, idiot. I'm the man with the plan. 'You're the man with the vision, boss!' Yeah. Fuckin' A I am!

My kooks, I'm looking forward to recording The Future - with a band - in the future when it will be the present. Do you know what I mean?

It's a message to my future self.

'Nice one!'

Yes, it will be.

Okay, okay.

I need two verses for And Rain Came Down now.

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
And Rain Came Down
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?
Good Times

Just two verses for the BIG TEN! Do you dig?

Lat - 'Where's all the random stuff?'

What, Voice?!

'The random stuff you promised.'

Oh, okay.

Yeah. Right. Bloody hell!

'What?'

I'm gutted. Listen to this! Times in the past when I've visited St Ives, I've gone to nearby Hayle. Just to look around the town, and have a bit of lunch, and then ... go back to St Ives again, you dig? 'Yeah.' Well, I was looking at a map of Hayle at the weekend, and I said to myself: "Oh, that beach just outside Hayle town looks rather big. I better Google it."

FFS.

It's only the biggest beach in Cornwall.

'Ha!'

And I've never been there. Even though it's just on the edge of the town.

'Ha, ha, ha!'

I mean ...

Do you know what I mean, kooks?

Never mind.

And, you know ... I've stood on Porth Kidney beach - before you get to Hayle - wondering what's in the distance. I thought it was only a small strip of sand and then some cliffs.

Never mind.

Fitness? I was admiring myself in the mirror earlier. 'Like you do.' Like I do. 'You're so vain, Mikey, I bet you think this post is about you.' It is about me, idiot!!!

Anyway ...

The strange thing is ... my weight hasn't changed in nine months. I haven't lost a pound, and I haven't put a pound on. But my body is different. It's all been fat turning into muscle, you dig?

So, I don't know. Maybe I only need to lose another half a stone. (Or the whole stone like I was planning???) I'm nearly where I want to be - that's the good news.

And I've bought a protein drink which I haven't tried yet. 'Try it now!' That's a good idea, Voice. Let me go downstairs to the fridge.

[A minute passes.]

Right. Okay. I'm going to try this protein drink live. 'Live blogging! Brilliant!'

Here we go ...

People online say it tastes really nice, but I'm a bit nervous about it.

Here we go ...

Bloody hell!

'Is it horrible?'

It tastes like a normal chocolate milkshake.

'Nice one!'

Yeah. Roughly the same protein as a pint of milk, but only a fraction of the fat.

'Yippee!'

Live blogging, folks!

Laters.

'Bye!'