Monday 18 July 2022

It's too hot for finance

I think you'll agree with me, won't you, reader(s)???

'Boss.'

What?

'If they've got any sense, they'll agree with you.'

Ha!

Ha, ha, ha!

But have my readers got any sense? That's the big question of the day.

So ...

Music?

I'm getting closer to finishing my BIG TEN ... with just a few words to put into And Rain Came Down. It's very simple in the verses. I just need some words here, and some words there. Do you know what I mean?

Here's the BIG TEN -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
And Rain Came Down
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?
Good Times

Listen! If I get to the end of my "career" and they are still my ten best songs ... I won't be too upset.

I'll be a little upset.

BUT(!) ... I'm thinking, man. It's taken me six years to write those songs. Maybe by 2028, I'll have another TEN, you dig?

Er ... I've also been thinking about Life and Death. 'Don't be morbid, Mikey.' The song, idiot! 'Oh.'

I really can't scrap it because it's my best melody like Mozart and Chopin. (Forget about that loser Schubert.) The lyric is a genuine piece of crap though, so ... I'll have to rewrite it at some point. I might even change the title and pick a more cheerful subject matter.

I suppose that's the problem with having two mentors who are so different in their outlook on life. 'Who?! I mean ... Jim Morrison, and ... ???' Bob Marley. 'Oh, of course. He told you to lively up yourself, didn't he?' Ha! He certainly did, Voice! He was getting pissed off with me moping about the place.

Anyway, this could be the album -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lucky You
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Round The Bend
What's This Life We Live?
Stella
Malibu
I'm Right Inside
Nothing
Good Times

And this is still the demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Nothing
Stella

Oh, this would be a totally mental demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Nothing
Stella
The Future
And Rain Came Down

(I was listening to my rough recordings in that order yesterday.) However, I'm saving the last two songs for my second album. 'Ha!' Yes - ha!

Anyway ...

The second big question of the day is ... Do I really want to be a global superstar???

You've got to think about the loss of freedom, man ... fucking locked up in planes and bathrooms, hiding from people I made rich.

'Ha! You're starting to sound like David Essex! You should donate your brain to medical science. Now.'

Yeah, yeah.

You're starting to sound like Adam Faith, Voice. 'Your nan worked with his mum. Cleaning ladies in a factory, weren't they?'

That's right.* So I can't let my nan down, really.

Never mind.

I'll have to embrace my destiny.

Oh, let's change the subject ...

'Cornwall! Are you going? That's the third big question of the day.'

Er ... not yet. The prices are a piss-take at the moment. Then there's the weather, and the train strikes. I'll wait awhile.

BUT(!) ... I can hardly wait, my kooks, you dig?

I love Cornwall so much. I have a mystical connection with the place. It's not mere tourism when I visit. It's something bigger and stronger than that.

Anyway ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS


*But I've been checking online, and here is where it gets really weird: Michael Caine talking about his mother. 'But Caine and his family were from South East London, not West London.' I know. Were they all working at the same place??? / The plot thickens!

My nan must have felt left out though.

I will avenge her!