Thursday 28 July 2022

I'll do it Monday

All right?

'What are you going to do Monday, boss?'

The Lucky PR email.

'Oh. / It must be worth waiting for, then.'

Er ... not really.

It's just the summer, man.

Everyone's on holiday.

I haven't heard from Detlef and the gang.

The sun is shining - a bit.

No one's got any enthusiasm for finance.

'What about Aviva Investors, boss?'

Ha! Who knows?!

I mean, every day is a holiday for them. Summer. Autumn. Winter. Spring. They don't care. Life of Riley.

'But what about Schroders? They love finance!'

Voice, you're always going to get mugs in this life. Forget about Schroders.

Anyway ...

Let's talk about something exciting.

I did my dumbbells to failure this morning. Now I'm really knackered. But I've had the protein drink. And I've had a cheese sandwich. Later on, I'll be having pasta and a baton. We're talking ninety grams of protein, man! 'Nice one!'

Yeah, yeah.

No one said it would be easy becoming a superstar. But I'm doing the work. I won't give up!

Music? I made a rough recording of The Future this morning. Bear in mind, kooks ... these "rough" recordings of mine are far superior to the 2016 demo. I just don't bother to set everything up in the right positions, and don't bother about outside noises, that's all.

So ... I can listen to my BIG THREE now -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

They keep me motivated. Sort of.

'What about And Rain Came Down ... ???'

I haven't finished it yet.

'But you only need a few words!'

That's right. I'm waiting for the right moment.

'When will that be?'

When the moment is right.

'Oh.'

Anyway ....

There's some confusion about the weather in Newquay. Different weather people can't make up their minds if it's going to be sunny or rainy next week.

'Why don't you bribe them? The rainy people, I mean.'

What?!

'Slip someone fifty quid to put a few sun symbols on the weather report.'

Yeah, that might work.

Good idea, Voice!

Well ...

I suppose I'll see you all again next week, kooks ...

'Bye!'

Laters.


Music update -

I've found a way to make Life and Death work with a much simpler lyric. So, when it's finished, and when And Rain Came Down is finished ...

This will be the BIG TEN -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
And Rain Came Down
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?

In my mind, that list will be just as strong as this one -

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane

Laters.


Another update: Er ... I'm taking next week off, kooks. So see you the week after. Bye.